Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkrock

Cuomo body count

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Cuomo’s investigation into himself says workers spread Covid into nursing homes, not the 6,300 Covid patients he sent into those facilities.

 

Facts matter.  
 

Do you believe Cuomo?

Quote
 

NY count: 6,300 virus patients were sent to nursing homes

By MARINA VILLENEUVE and JENNIFER PELTZtoday
 
 
800.jpeg

NEW YORK (AP) — New York hospitals released more than 6,300 recovering coronavirus patients into nursing homes during the height of the pandemic under a controversial, now-scrapped policy, state officials said Monday, but they argued it was not to blame for one of the nation’s highest nursing home death tolls.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration, which has taken intense criticism over the policy, instead contended the virus’ rampant spread through the state’s nursing homes was propelled by more than 20,000 infected home staffers, many of whom kept going to work unaware they had the virus in March and April. Another 17,500 workers were infected through early June.

“Facts matter. And those are the facts,” state Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker said in a news conference.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he is saying that the known cases of the flu, that were known to be present in the nursing homes, did not have any effect. It was all those unknown possible cases, that may have possibly been there, that did all the killing.

 

Did he mention why the policy of placing known flu cases into the nursing homes was scrapped ?

 

How much is this guy’s salary and who thinks he deserves a penny of it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok let’s clarify.  He sent recovering coronavirus patients from Hospitals to nursing homes but he believes the home care staffers were the real source of the virus spread.  He states there were 20k infected home care staffers that went to work “Knowing” they had the bug. How did he get this number considering the lack of testing at that time?
The Cuomo’s.  One get’s paid to lie on Cable news the other While He’s the Governor

Asians kill themselves when caught lying
Europeans resign
American double down on the lie hoping their Media friends will cover for them unless of course they are a Rep
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW - States are making it harder to sue nursing homes over COVID-19

Why immunity from lawsuits is a problem?

The coronavirus has devastated nursing homes across the country, killing tens of thousands of vulnerable older Americans. Nursing homes did not cause the pandemic, but poor infection control, inadequate staffing and sluggish mitigation allowed the virus to spread.

Rather than doing more to hold these facilities accountable, however, states increasingly are protecting them from lawsuits.

That shift is happening quickly. At least 21 states have taken actions within the last four months to limit the liability of health care providers, with nine states expressly including nursing homes. The industry is calling for similar protection in other states, and at the federal level, nursing homes are connecting with other trade groups to push for expansive, national immunity from lawsuits.

Essentially, these states are protecting nursing homes from aggrieved residents and their loved ones who may have suffered harm, injuries or death due to their actions – or inactions – during COVID-19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cuomo slipped a provision into this years budget where you cannot sue a nursing home over a Covid related death. The man is a lowlife. He talks a great game but his results suck. He is quick to place blame on others to deflect from himself. He bashed The NYPD for the 2 nights of looting in the city without mentioning that he has a state trooper barracks right in the middle of the carnage. Where were they ? I’m not bashing the troopers here, I believe they were intentionally held back. Cuomo is all talk , zero results, and dirty as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, Harf said:

BTW - States are making it harder to sue nursing homes over COVID-19

Why immunity from lawsuits is a problem?

The coronavirus has devastated nursing homes across the country, killing tens of thousands of vulnerable older Americans. Nursing homes did not cause the pandemic, but poor infection control, inadequate staffing and sluggish mitigation allowed the virus to spread.

Rather than doing more to hold these facilities accountable, however, states increasingly are protecting them from lawsuits.

That shift is happening quickly. At least 21 states have taken actions within the last four months to limit the liability of health care providers, with nine states expressly including nursing homes. The industry is calling for similar protection in other states, and at the federal level, nursing homes are connecting with other trade groups to push for expansive, national immunity from lawsuits.

Essentially, these states are protecting nursing homes from aggrieved residents and their loved ones who may have suffered harm, injuries or death due to their actions – or inactions – during COVID-19.

If the state forced the nursing home to accept infected patients should the nursing home be held liable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steve_in_PA said:

If the state forced the nursing home to accept infected patients should the nursing home be held liable?

How does the state force a private institution into doing this?

They give them cash and promise they will have their backs.  JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harf said:

How does the state force a private institution into doing this?

They give them cash and promise they will have their backs.  JMHO

They threaten to revoke their license.  As was done in PA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.