hybrid hunter

TBO Trifecta Tourney

6 posts in this topic

Is anyone planning on fishing the TBO Trifecta tournament next weekend? Captain's meeting next Friday night, fishing all day Saturday, tourney ends Sunday. All is done through TourneyX this year so you can socially distance and fish a tournament.

Camping has opened back up for the local state park in CT, but it appears that only RVs can go to the state parks; there is a KOA right in the area where most go out of (Niantic). 

I've signed up. This is my first tournament, but I'm looking based on the maps to fish Bartlett Reef. I'm not sure if this is reasonable or realistic but I want to see first if anyone was fishing it, where they were planning on fishing (without spot burning, of course), etc. I'm just trying to be reasonable, realistic and SAFE but still have a shot at doing well in this tournament, as I'm still competitive.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Spot Burning is the primary reason to use Tournament X isn't it?  GPS on, so can be seen on pics. Camping only for me this year.

A2901C0D-019B-41EB-8AA1-ABF6217A2FC0.png

Edited by Rick67

So Tournamen X does show spots where fish are caught, I see. It's my first time using it. 

I'm curious how accessible those reef sites are to kayak anglers; they are catching huge linesiders at those spots to the point that I got myself a new measure...

I've also got a campsite (Thr-Mon).  My wife may be joining.  Planning to go and fish, and relax.   Probably won't sign up for the tournament.  Bartlett Reef doesn't seem to be too far from Pleasure Beach, google searches make it seem like a good place to fish.

I also got a campsite (Fr-Su) but have some conflicting priorities so I'll be in and out; I'm real excited to fish the area as it seems quite promising -- the entire area looks great, provided the weather cooperates. If not, there seems to be plenty of places to duck and hide and fish back sections, but what do I know.

@jlapenta are you at Rocky Neck? I wasn't able to get into there -- KOA

53 mins ago, hybrid hunter said:

I also got a campsite (Fr-Su) but have some conflicting priorities so I'll be in and out; I'm real excited to fish the area as it seems quite promising -- the entire area looks great, provided the weather cooperates. If not, there seems to be plenty of places to duck and hide and fish back sections, but what do I know.

@jlapenta are you at Rocky Neck? I wasn't able to get into there -- KOA

Yes, made the reservation back in January, lol.    Arrival Thr, departure Mon.  I've been the last couple years, it's a beautiful area.