oneeyewilly

Patriot Charlie Daniels Heads Down The Trail

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Charlie Daniels , Patriot , musician headed down the trail for the last time on Monday . I was very fortunate to see / hear him perform many , many times at various venues with his own and countless other bands . As strange as it may seem , my pals and i gravitated towards the southern rock sound of the late 60’s & 70’s , even though we were hard core big city kids. He never disappointed and his unabashed love for this great land is an ideal that is sorely lacking at present , I can see him now sitting down with Prine , getting some rosin on that bow. Rest In Peace , you won’t be forgotten . 

One of the true Americans. Charlie didn't see color...he saw character. Talent. Faith.

Saw him many times. He ran a tight ship with his band. Tolerated no B.S. No drugs no alcohol.

He will be missed.

RIP Charlie. Even the devil in Georgia is sitting on that stump shedding a tear.

We were in Nashville in some gin mill on the corner drinking a lot .two bands were playing one in  the front one In the back . When a young lady walked in with a fiddle . My friend gave  her 10 bucks to play some Charlie Daniels when she did get around to it the devil was put to shame ..and We were trashed . Not sloppy just trashed after a 7 hr stint in the bar . I know some one famous was discovered there maybe faith hill but I’m not sure .great music from Charlie daniels he will be missed