NHAngler

Fishing spots - social media w/o rules

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Just a bit of a rant but also why I like SOL. 

On various social media channels, I noticed that there are SOOOO many "looking for a spot" requests lately with ample responses. Some of these spots are well known and some are not. I get that the requests and responses may be very innocent but the amount of eyes that later riot the area / spot is insane. I guess crazy feeds crazy. 

Funny thing As we head into the summer doldrums I used to read the reports of boat fisherman. I only surf fish but those guys love to talk. So I’d take the info and project about where the fish would be in the evening.

1 hour ago, DerrickT said:

neither was the moon landing

The moon is actually a giant spaceship that houses the aliens who built the pyramids, Stonehenge, Machu pichu, the Nazca lines, and all of the other ancient monuments. Why else would the moon just so happen to be the exact size and distance from the earth as to allow perfect eclipses? Coincidence? I think not!

20 mins ago, chitala383 said:

The moon is actually a giant spaceship that houses the aliens who built the pyramids, Stonehenge, Machu pichu, the Nazca lines, and all of the other ancient monuments. Why else would the moon just so happen to be the exact size and distance from the earth as to allow perfect eclipses? Coincidence? I think not!

Hahaa.......I saw that episode of Ancient Aliens too.

59 mins ago, Tagman said:

Hahaa.......I saw that episode of Ancient Aliens too.

People are crazy. I mean, they do kinda put up a good argument, but I'm not buying it.

Just get to the beach look for the cuts and cast ,if you catch something find it not better than being on the couch.If you feel ambitiuos do it at night,feeling courageous bring your significant other and Chase them around the beech for a while 

Fishing the off hours will lead to a lot less frustration. If you can swing it, you wont regret it. I generally fish M-F 7pm-1am and if I venture out of the weekends its much later than that. 

You cant fix stupid so try to stay away from the stupid.

It’s too bad that there’s so little access to the ocean because a inch of rich people make it so. If access wasn’t such a pia spot burning wouldn’t be a thing. 

Social media erodes the exploration portion of surfcasting especially the ones in their pupae stage. It's clearly visible with the number of those that ask "Where?" after a fish pic post. Putting in countless hours and self education plays a second fiddle to the new era of instant gratification spawned by social media. Development lags and now there's a generation that is report and popular spot dependent. 

People who say “go to 9th street! I was there last year and the stripers were stacked up!” As a response to someone who asks why they can’t get a bite in August on some mid beach non/structure island town, are the true idiots of spot burning.