Computer Nerds: HP or Lenovo?

Rate this topic

ASrod

Weight depends on how much carrying you actually do. Anything over 3.5 pounds gets tedious if you walk a lot in your daily commute. If you're just carrying it from home/office to the car in the parking lot, no big deal. 

My current 17" laptop weighs a whopping 8.5 pounds - it's not leaving the house except for going out back of the house or into the car. 

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

1 hour ago, fishinambition said:

Dont know the weight of my 17, the power supply alone has gotta be a few pounds. My new one is 15.6 and is much lighter, it's also 9 years newer. Weight is not even a consideration when I buy em. 

My Legion is 6.2 lbs. 17 inch. Doesn't feel heavy?

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

I've been using an Asus q551 for a few years. It worked great until the wife dropped it and spidered the screen. It's a touch screen and was unusable until I could shut that off. Cursor jumping all over the place.

It's not pretty but still using it now. Thought about getting a replacement screen on Ebay but almost think the money would be better spent towards a new one.

I'll have mine on the rocks.

16 hours ago, ASrod said:

They said Intel i7 processor and at least 8th gen. In my syllabus they said no Mac OS and on the zoom call they got more technical.

What is the curriculum? 

I love when we make way past the breakwater at first light and head out, there's nothing better, the whole rest of the world just melts away for me.

(*edited - member formerly known as 'windknot')

• 2 weeks later...