ASrod

Computer Nerds: HP or Lenovo?

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

Who makes a better laptop? I need to buy a pretty powerful school laptop (I need i7 and at least 16gb of ram) and Lenovo and HP have the best options under $1000. What’s everyone prefer based on durability and performance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lenovo is better build quality. It is IBM rebadged when bought by the Chinese. 
 

It is the defectors business standard for many firms. It’s either Lenovo or Dell. 
 

HP is mid-grade consumer quality these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Lenovo think pads are pretty hard to beat. I've had my current one for almost 7 years now and its still kicking ass. 

I'll never not own a Lenovo. Sucks that IBM sold but whatever. T series or X series. Begrudgingly replaced the T440s with and X1 Carbon and now wishing I did it years ago. The Thinkvision M14 is a perfect match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, sbcbmx112 said:

I have the HP x360 laptop.  It's a great little computer.  The only issue with it is Windows 10; what a pile of garbage.

Install the May 2020 update. I’ve been using Windows 10 at home since the Corona quarantine and the more I use it the more I like it. 
 

It’s different than Windows 7 to administer but I think it’s more logically laid out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just grabbed a lenovo Y545 for $999, 9th gen i7, nvidia 1660ti 6gb, 16g ram upgradable to 32. 500gb ssd + 1tb 7,200 rpm hd. Thing is a little beast. 

Edited by fishinambition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

Install the May 2020 update. I’ve been using Windows 10 at home since the Corona quarantine and the more I use it the more I like it. 
 

It’s different than Windows 7 to administer but I think it’s more logically laid out. 

W10 is pretty good once you get used to the ui, not very different from W7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 mins ago, ASrod said:

Who makes a better laptop? I need to buy a pretty powerful school laptop (I need i7 and at least 16gb of ram) and Lenovo and HP have the best options under $1000. What’s everyone prefer based on durability and performance?

Hey ass lip, werent you throwing out recommendations in a thread just like this a month or two back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just now, ChumSlickJon said:

Hey ass lip, werent you throwing out recommendations in a thread just like this a month or two back?

I was suggesting upgrades. I haven’t had an off the shelf computer since I got an iMac years ago.

Edited by ASrod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Girlie just got a dell for about the same price, different specs, touch screen and inferior video card but pretty similar otherwise. I prefer the lenovo. Never thought Id say it. Asus ROG rigs are also good in that price range but i havent seen anything specced like mine for under a g.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.