bronson

cnn article about new bronco today

30 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, Auce said:

Is it just me or does it look like 3 models of Jeeps?

bronco2.jpeg

The one on the end looks like an older Subaru Forrester.

4 hours ago, bronson said:

say gonna have 3 models.  I'm mainly interested in if an eco boost ones gonna get good milage....

A-hem. Please understand that you can have a vehicle with 4x4 drive, or a vehicle with good gas mileage, but there is a sharp tradeoff. Having a drive train capable of 4x4 operation means you're carrying a couple of hundred pounds of extra weight. No matter how thrifty the engine may be, you're not going to compete with a 2WD version of the same vehicle in terms of mileage.

a-hem. f150 4x4 gets 19-24.   thats about 25% better than my 2000 4runner. 2020 4 runner lists16-19mpg .  who said anything about 2wd? 

10 hours ago, Kneel said:

Manual only available in the 2.3 :dismay:    

Is that confirmed? I’m on the Bronco6g forums and still waiting for Ford to reveal all configurations. I would be bummed if I can’t get the 2.7 with a manual.

15 hours ago, Auce said:

Is it just me or does it look like 3 models of Jeeps?

bronco2.jpeg

Yes, it’s modeled after 1st Gen Bronco which definitely similar to CJs/ Wranglers. The last one is a “sport”

1 hour ago, Stripsettter said:

Is that confirmed? I’m on the Bronco6g forums and still waiting for Ford to reveal all configurations. I would be bummed if I can’t get the 2.7 with a manual.

Initially as what a little engineer bird from Ford told me. +330hp and 350lb-ft, that IS a badass little 4, but I would always be wanting the 6.  That was the deal breaker for me...for now. 

Is it going to have the same 4 cylinder turbocharged engine as the Ranger?  That's where they went wrong with the Ranger.  Should have made a 6 cylinder.

58 mins ago, fatbikerjoe said:

Is it going to have the same 4 cylinder turbocharged engine as the Ranger?  That's where they went wrong with the Ranger.  Should have made a 6 cylinder.

Yes and the Mustang but there should be the 2.7 V6 as an option and hoping that’s also offered with manual transmission. Still unknown but the reveal is next week. 

I plan on modifying it regardless of which motor and ecoboosts make significantly more power when tuned. Will be a lot more power than Wrangler or 4Runner for sure. 

I have a 67 bronco roadster with a 289v8. I was offered 40k for it last week and turned it down. I personally think they will go up in value more when the new ones come out. If he offered me 50k for it it would have been gone.