flyangler

Trump's Mt Rushmore speech as THE moment of this election cycle?

Rate this topic

88 posts in this topic

What is it about Trump's Mount Rushmore speech commemorating Independence Day that has the left in a tizzy? What nerve did he strike that has even European media complaining about the speech? 

IMLTHO, should Trump win re-election, and November exit polls show there was a voter blowback against the progressive spasm of insanity seen over recent months, you will be able to trace the turnaround to this moment and likely the speech. But this moment is about the speech and so much more. In fact, I expect we will hear after the election thst Biden "peaked too early".

Why do I think so? 

Tell 1: The DEMedia have chosen to ignore Trump speeches in the past when they didn’t feel like discussing their content, not this time. In fact, just the opposite as Trump is attacked for giving the speech at that locale as well as its content. Charges that he is "politicizing Mt. Rushmore" are rich given the site was used as a backdrop by Bill Clinton, Obama, Hillary Clinton and Sanders in prior election cycles. 

Tell 2: The Democrats and DEMedia know that CHAZistan was not good optics for their cause and was not a net positive for them vis-à-vis November's election. They are beginning to worry that statue toppling behind confederate symbols and talk of bombing Mt. Rushmore are starting to do the same

Tell 3: DEMedia has walked back from advocating #DefundThePolice as polling shows it terribly unpopular. With BLM now going mainstream (i.e. my 16yo being an ardent supporter), the most shrill and militant voices in the BLM movement are getting broader dissemination and reach, which may not have a desirable effect vis-à-vis the votes of "normies".

Tell 4: Political media have written articles this week either about Dems who are nervous about Trump's polling woes or warning not to take Biden's polling lead for granted. While some articles point to 2016, Dukakis, etc. as reasons not to be complacent, I think most political observers who are honest with themselves don’t believe the polling margin. I also sense that they think Biden May have peaked in the polling and it cannot get any better from here. 

Tell 5: The Dems and DEMedia allies are worried about the lack of enthusiasm for the Biden candidacy. They know Biden is feeble and will not inspire when he has to eventually crawl out of the bunker. They also know that there are news stories they have been ignoring, or downplaying, that are not additive to voter enthusiasm for Biden. They have come to realize that Biden's only hope at this point is that he is the "not Trump" candidate. 

Tell 6: The paradox of old white voters and dementia. Older Americans right now, we are told by polling, are leaning more toward Biden than Trump and is the reason for Trump's recent polling swoon. We are told that they, most vulnerable to COVID, are showing their displeasure with Trump's handling of the virus. OK, but is that a job approval thing or a Biden approval thing? Older folks understand dementia as they see it all around them in people they know. They know the signs, they know the progression and they know it is irreversible. I find it difficult to believe thst they will readily vote for someone in whom they see the signs and whom they know cannot "get better". That makes this election decision focus much more on the VP candidate, likely a black female, which gets to two other paradoxes:

Tell 6a: The paradox of older white voters and racism: We are told that many whites over the age of 50 are racist deep down inside. That their desire to "go back to the good old days" are code for their racism. We are told that some of these voters were racist through the Obama administration. But now, paradoxically, the Democrats are counting on these people to put their racism aside and vote for the Biden-BW ticket knowing full well that the VP is very likely to serve more than half of the next term should they win.  But is older whites are so racist, how do you solve this? 

Tell 6b: The paradox of older white voters and sexism: Hillary lost, we were told, because older Americans were sexist and did not want to see a woman president. Elizabeth Warren failed to win the primary because Dem voters do not want a woman at the top of the ticket. Sure, you could argue both of those women defeated themselves, but there were arguments made by each about sexism working against them. If that is true, then how can Biden win with a female running mate if most voters will appreciate he will not complete his first term? 

Tell 7: The Dems and their DEMedia allies know that Trump is coming off of the worst four to six news weeks of 2020 and that has impacted his polling. But they also know that they have run out of news themes with which to beat him and that the coming three months are not likely to be so kind to Biden, Dems, the Russia investigation and the former Biden administration's legacy. Hence, they will look for smaller stories about which they can keep the outrage meters in the OrangeManBad range. 

Tell 8: The Dukakis Precedent: At this point in that cycle, Dukakis was leading Bush Senior by 13% in polls, before the DNC convention, before Dukakis had a spotlight focused upon him and before the debates. As bumbling as many wish to recall Bush 43 being, Dukakis was another gaffe machine who had trouble articulating his liberal views in ways that did not sound mildly crazy. The similarities between this cycle, Biden and Dukakis, excluding the creeping senility, are there, and the DEMedia are worried about that. 

The Mt. Rushmore speech could have been ignored by the DEMedia, but it hasn’t been, just the opposite in fact. Meanwhile, the right of center media, which have said "meh" to some past Trump speeches, have been singling out the speech as one of Trump's best, for its patriotism, an antidote for the progressivism run amok and for his words being a beacon as the election season progresses. 

If Trump wins, people will point back to this moment, and possibly the content, meaning and implications of that speech. 

I didn’t see it, and don’t think it’s of any real political importance.  What does that say?

It’ll just get lost in the rest of the noise.  I hear it was a fair speech, but it’s hardly a watershed moment.  There’s waayyy to much time to go.

2 mins ago, tomkaz said:

If Trump wins, people will point back to this moment, and possibly the content, meaning and implications of that speech. 

If Trump wins people will say look at the alternative,

kinda like in 2016.

The only hope Democrats have is to keep the economy from rebounding.

it was not a good speech -usually speeches that celebrate independence day celebrate the greatness of our country not to try and conquer and divide

Trump is going to lose and lose badly

His only saving grace is Sleepy Joe is a terrible candidate that has no business being president but he is not hated by most folks like Hillary was in fact many reps love sleepy Joe-see L graham as a prime example

5 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

If Trump wins people will say look at the alternative,

kinda like in 2016.

The only hope Democrats have is to keep the economy from rebounding.

sleepy joe should just keep hiding-every day trump speaks he loses votes especially when he denies the severity of the corona virus when just about everybody has been impacted directly or indirectly by it

2 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

I didn’t see it, and don’t think it’s of any real political importance.  What does that say?

It’ll just get lost in the rest of the noise.  I hear it was a fair speech, but it’s hardly a watershed moment.  There’s waayyy to much time to go.

Did you actually read the OP or just the title? I am not necessarily marking the speech as the catalyst, just this moment, now early July 2020. 

Nothing Biden has done has earned him a 8-13% polling lead, nothing. No one hears HIS speeches, no one can articulate his policy prescriptions and no one knows who his VP choice is going to be.

This is not about Biden winning, it is about Trump having a very difficult period and some self-inflicted issues. And, as with all presidents, Trump has tools and venues with which he can turn things around for himself. I am marking the speech as the beginning of that turnaround, not the catalyst for it. 

I still think Trump has to bring in an outsider the likes of Bannon. Trump needs a course correction and I am not sure his current team can provide it. Too many of his closest confidants are invested in certain ideas or paths which might require a course change. 

2 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Did you actually read the OP or just the title? I am not necessarily marking the speech as the catalyst, just this moment, now early July 2020. 

Nothing Biden has done has earned him a 8-13% polling lead, nothing. No one hears HIS speeches, no one can articulate his policy prescriptions and no one knows who his VP choice is going to be.

This is not about Biden winning, it is about Trump having a very difficult period and some self-inflicted issues. And, as with all presidents, Trump has tools and venues with which he can turn things around for himself. I am marking the speech as the beginning of that turnaround, not the catalyst for it. 

I still think Trump has to bring in an outsider the likes of Bannon. Trump needs a course correction and I am not sure his current team can provide it. Too many of his closest confidants are invested in certain ideas or paths which might require a course change. 

the same reason trump won is the same reason he will lose

he won because so many people hated hillary and thought trump was more tolerable

he will lose because so many people hate trump and think sleepy joe is more tolerable

In the past, the news media has been very sucessful at peeling away the Republican base. Not so with this guy. What we are seeing is a last ditch all out push to do that, and it is not working. They are not playing to win the White House, they are playing to win the Congress. Every dirty trick they know has been thrown at him, and still he stands. The only question remains, do Americans still love America ?If they do he waltz's across the line and drags the Senate and House with him.

Can you think of another DNC dirty tactic that they have not yet brought to bear ?

He came out pointing the finger in this. Lot of truth in what he said also- Kids are being taught to hate the country in schools, the media and by some left leaning parents. 

This didnt sit well with the main stream media. 

18 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Trump needs a course correction and I am not sure his current team can provide it.

Trump has needed a course correction for decades.

Trump is what we see,

there will be no course correction.

30 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

didn’t see it, and don’t think it’s of any real political importance.  What does that say?

Here's a good snippet: 

1776 represented the culmination of thousands of years of Western civilization and the triumph of not only spirit, but of wisdom, philosophy, and reason. And yet, as we meet here tonight, there is a growing danger that threatens every blessing our ancestors fought so hard for, struggled, they bled to secure. Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they’re doing this, but some know what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive, but no, the American people are strong and proud and they will not allow our country and all of its values, history, and culture to be taken from them.

One of their political weapons is cancel culture, driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and to our values and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America.

This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty must be stopped and it will be stopped very quickly. We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation’s children from this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life. In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished. It’s not going to happen to us.

Make no mistake. This left-wing cultural revolution is designed to overthrow the American Revolution. In so doing they would destroy the very civilization that rescued billions from poverty, disease, violence, and hunger, and that lifted humanity to new heights of achievement, discovery, and progress. To make this possible, they are determined to tear down every statue, symbol, and memory of our national heritage.

I did not watch the whole speech but have listen to pieces that I watch the MSM attack.  IMO they are giving it power.  Watching Lemon's reaction to the part where Trump exposes the schools for anti-American teachings is Priceless. :laugh:  

Again IMO they given power to his base by their emotional breakdown