coolhandfluke

COMCAST/XFINITY SUCKS

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

so the wife one day a few months ago had comcast come in and rip out fios to save some money even. though i like fios better as we never had any issues which is why we went with them in the first place.

so ever since we have had x1 the qvc channel pops up anytime it feels like it, no matter what channel i am watching, and usually its something i am interested in.

my wife has complained to them and all they do is is restart it from there office which i also do using the voice control remote. that lasts a day or two and then it starts.  i find on line a forum with others having the same issue

yet it still continues.  so friday the wife called again and asked them to remove the qvc channel and they cant. all they did was restart it again.  all friggin weekend it did the same.

today i will call and either get it fixed or i will be going back to fios.

Really what exactly are you using ?  Xfinity cable or a fios product. 

I will say xfinity cable is by far and away the best cable tv product I have ever used , content, hardware & customer service ... plus convenience of going to store in a pinch .  For home visits easy to get through and prompt... they even came to swap our our 5 boxes for my wife and new modem during covid peak on a same day appointment. 
I wish it was available for my primary residence , which is optimum and stinks. 
I use the following in order

1. Xfinity by far

2. direct TV

3. optimum online & cable... would be lower if we had other options in Bergen county 

4. frontier fios Internet Phone  and tv.  .... good for a rural area but not great

5. Hughes Net satellite by far the worst slowest and worst value worst service... like trying to watch the on aol dial up.

today i have xfinity x1      always have had some sort of issue over the years.  freezing picture. just dont work. no sound. one box works, the others dont and now qvc popping up.

and customer service is pathetic.

fios never had an issue where i had to call customer service.

its not like we have problems with lines or outages. been in this house 28 years an have never lost power.

My only option is Xfinity or buy a dish . . . Xfinity has been awful, constant interruption of signal.  Finally had them admit there are continuous service interruptions in my area and they discounted my bill.  I'd rather have good service and pay full price. 

Comcast and Fios both suck. I have wiring for both in ma house, and every two years I play them against each other to save loot. I switched to Comcast a few months ago, and dropped ma bill do $135 a month: this is with internets, landline phone, and one TV (I got a streaming stick to watch the horsies in the basement). 

When that two year rate lock expires, I'll probably go back to Fios, unless there's a viable streaming-only deal available. 

13 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

My only complaint with them is price. But without competition there's no getting around it. 

my mom is in the same boat but i can get both or dish

1 min ago, Brother Brian said:

My only complaint with them is price. But without competition there's no getting around it. 

What our their complaints about you? :huh:

Just now, coolhandfluke said:

my mom is in the same boat but i can get both or dish

I could get the dish too but let's face it, the internet is all that matters ..

Just now, Belmo said:

What our their complaints about you? :huh:

In all the iterations of Comcast from their initial Prism days to now ,their only complaint is that my IP managed to download some Asian hardcore anime and also the entire Spongebob catalog  :laugh:

Just now, Belmo said:

I thought "internet throttling" meant something else. :huh:

Infrastructure in the 'slow to develop' state of DE has paid dividends. Wired speeds here are in the 200Mbps down and up range.

Always hated Comcast because I'm in an area where they are the only choice.  I'm liking them much more now that I moved my Verizon wireless service family plan to Xfinity.  Saves me a bundle, and it's on the same network as Verizon.  Only drawback is international roaming is much more expensive, but it still works out better for me.  If you have xfinity internet, you already have their wireless service if you want to use it.  The data plans are reasonable.

48 mins ago, Paulie Herman said:

Always hated Comcast because I'm in an area where they are the only choice.  I'm liking them much more now that I moved my Verizon wireless service family plan to Xfinity.  Saves me a bundle, and it's on the same network as Verizon.  Only drawback is international roaming is much more expensive, but it still works out better for me.  If you have xfinity internet, you already have their wireless service if you want to use it.  The data plans are reasonable.

We did the same and saved a lot over verizons rates. :th: