Any lobster reports

Rate this topic

codfish

1 hour ago, MAArcher said:

Are you still averaging 1.5?  I've been pretty consistent at 1 per trap with 7 traps out.  I just got my hands on some more traps so I'll be fishing all ten traps after I check and set tomorrow.   I spliced some line and am going to give some deeper water a try.  They are at 45 and 65 feet right now.

It slowed down quick in August.  A lot of lobsters one shed away from keeper.  If things don't pick up I'll go deeper and rockier.  25-30' is usually just as good at 50+ so long as it is further from shore.  

Pulling 10 traps every other day in the bay has resulted in mixed catches of rather large eggers over 5 pounds [al released ] and smaller females also all released and ,marked . My friend has some days when he only gets 7 or 8 keepers out of the mix, mostly all males His last pull resulted in 15 keepers for the first time this year. The average size are fairly good in the 1.5 to 2 pound range. When he gets an abundance I may get a couple for lunch . He is trying skate this year from New Bedford and they seem to be working very well so far along with his secret chumming bait he uses Peace and Prayers   The oxygen levels are staying good this year not unlike many pulls with half dead lobsters in them last year 

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

Lobsters are on sale this week,$5.99,at Market Basket,but beware,about a month ago

they were $5.99,and M.B.opened at 7am,so I got there early and waited in line,When I

got in,I was shocked as were all the other folks in line,to learn that they were letting

people get 10-12 and more at a time,they got to my number at approx.9am and we were

all informed that there were none left ! Will never shop M.B. again,at least for lobsters.

9 hours ago, troutworm said:

Lobsters are on sale this week,$5.99,at Market Basket,but beware,about a month ago

they were $5.99,and M.B.opened at 7am,so I got there early and waited in line,When I

got in,I was shocked as were all the other folks in line,to learn that they were letting

people get 10-12 and more at a time,they got to my number at approx.9am and we were

all informed that there were none left ! Will never shop M.B. again,at least for lobsters.

All soft shell this time of year. 

• 2 months later...