Ditchbag

Anybody else got the s*** of this heat

Rate this topic

99 posts in this topic

I'm right there with you Ditchbag. I hate the next 6 weeks or so...I'd much rather it be 0 outside than 90. So it's the time of year that I start work early so I can hopefully be done by 2 or 3:00.

7 hours ago, Ditchbag said:

It may not be Red's kind of heat but I hate anything over 80. Over 90° blows.

1 hour ago, BLilly said:

I'm right there with you Ditchbag. I hate the next 6 weeks or so...I'd much rather it be 0 outside than 90. So it's the time of year that I start work early so I can hopefully be done by 2 or 3:00.

Yup, agreed. But hey, only three more months of this ****....

2 hours ago, jimmy1956 said:

Gonna be a long hot week for sure.

Gonna be a hot month. The long-term weather guys are saying nasty heat into August.

And I hate it. I'm already done with summer.

1 min ago, Belmo said:

Gonna be a hot month. The long-term weather guys are saying nasty heat into August.

And I hate it. I'm already done with summer.

I know it's early but you forgot to put a jab in Wayne

4 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

I know it's early but you forgot to put a jab in Wayne

Hey, I'm not a one-trick pony! I'm an educated, erudite, well-spoken man of intellect, a guy who has many and varied interests, and can speak at length about any or all of them. I will not be pushed into a pigeonhole where I'm expected to do the same thing all the time -- I am far too intelligent and complex a guy for that. 

And, in conclusion, Wayne sucks. :th:

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 mins ago, Belmo said:

Hey, I'm not a one-trick pony! I'm an educated, erudite, well-spoken man of intellect, a guy who has many and varied interests, and can speak at length about any or all of them. I will not be pushed into a pigeonhole where I'm expected to do the same thing all the time -- I am far too intelligent and complex a guy for that. 

And, in conclusion, Wayne sucks. :th:

You are being stereotyped. Maybe you should call the county, or, BLM, (belmos life matters). Just not to some.

Edited by 2sammich

It seems that most responses to the hot weather are negative, I'm surprised. Yesterday, NJ coast, maybe 86-87, sunny, slight breeze. Thats summer .Backyard with 6 adults, a pool and 2 fans. I won't say it wasn't hot, but it was a lot better being in a bathing suit and drinking a few cold ones than anything winter could offer as far as being outside. Winter in NJ keeps you inside and outside activities are few. Boating, biking, relaxing, golfing, fishing are just a few hobbies that get severely curtailed in Jan./Feb/Mar yet thrive in the summer months.

For those reasons alone, and then add full trees, gardens, lawns, bikinis, and bbq's and it just puts summer way out in front for me. I will say, I do not have to work outside except to maintain the home stuff, so that is a big break. I may choose winter over summer if I had to work outside for 10 hours everyday, imagine being a roofer? Then again, being a roofer in NJ in the winter sucks, between not being able to work and freezing your bottom off, the  dog days of August seem appealing.

I would not like year round heat, actually enjoy the changes, but winter is too long and summer is too short.

Summer for me.