Stonefish

Crab Melts

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

What is your favorite way to make crab melts?

Here is tonight’s dinner.

Sourdough English muffin with thousand island dressing, Dungeness crab, sharp cheddar cheese, tomato slice broiled then topped with avacado.

SF

7F897E1D-CE05-4D37-AAD6-E85D4EBCF18D.jpeg

7CB22AE0-4A2D-41F3-B2E3-B235B237BA6B.jpeg

I had dungeness for realz last fall on a trip to Northern California and it was excellent. The oysters and the crab are reason enough for a visit. 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 10:38 PM, Stonefish said:

What is your favorite way to make crab melts?

Here is tonight’s dinner.

Sourdough English muffin with thousand island dressing, Dungeness crab, sharp cheddar cheese, tomato slice broiled then topped with avacado.

SF

7F897E1D-CE05-4D37-AAD6-E85D4EBCF18D.jpeg

7CB22AE0-4A2D-41F3-B2E3-B235B237BA6B.jpeg

If I came home after a long days work and my wife had this dish ready for me , I would eat it before I sat down. I like all the ingredients that you used. I'm inspired. Thanks.

Although it sounds and looks delicious, I just can't do the fish and cheese together. Cheese belongs elsewhere, has no place in the seafood world. 

2 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

Although it sounds and looks delicious, I just can't do the fish and cheese together. Cheese belongs elsewhere, has no place in the seafood world. 

I would tend to agree with you except when it comes to Dungeness crab.

Maybe it is a west coast thing, but crab melts and crab louies with thousand island and avocado have been around for a long time out here.

SF

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

While I disagree with the no cheese with seafood thing, I DO agree when it comes to crab. Crab is too sweet and delicate to cover the flavor with anything.

Edited by Steve in Mass

Lobster mac and cheese says " HELLO" . The fancy restaurants in my area have it on the menu and is quite popular. I can't see not using crab if done properly. Thanks.