JBreese1

I keep getting an AVG blocked threat alert only on SOL

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

It started yesterday, It only happens on SOL.  I used the snipping tool to copy what keeps popping up and stopping SOL from loading any further. I am using Mozilla Firefox as my Browser. In the time it took me to type this post, It came up 7 times. Each time needing me to acknowledge it before I could continue typing.

HELP

Jim

AVG.JPG

AVG1.JPG

Same with Avast. Using Chrome on a Win laptop. The fact that it gets flagged as a blacklisted site regardless of which antivirus app is used suggests that the problem is not with the AV program or platform. 

I put the threat notifications on silent mode to get rid of it. Adding an exception for the blacklisted url is the more permanent  solution. not sure why the url is blacklisted in the 1st place.

The url shouldn’t be blacklisted - it’s an ad code from a very well known and trusted advertising company named ‘Monumetric’ - they aren’t malicious, they aren’t hacking or stealing...they are a network advertiser. I’m going to send them a screenshot so they can contact Avast...

I figured it was a false positive, thanks. For the time being I turned on silent notification mode in Avast, which suppresses all the messages and audible alarms.