shu

WTS century slingshot 1506

17 posts in this topic

I have an S-1 Stealth 1325 that I absolutely love but it kind of runs out of gas for really slinging over 2 3/4-3 oz. wondering if this or even the 1327 would be a good next step up? I'm a good athletic caster but not sure if 12'6 length is too much?

1 hour ago, Starsnstripes said:

I have an S-1 Stealth 1325 that I absolutely love but it kind of runs out of gas for really slinging over 2 3/4-3 oz. wondering if this or even the 1327 would be a good next step up? I'm a good athletic caster but not sure if 12'6 length is too much?

anything over 12 ft has to be worked a little differently than 10'6 or less. This rod is good for 2-5 oz lures, you can cast really far but the down side of a big set up is that it's heavier. I used a 6500 saltiga with this rod. It's a beast of a setup for open beaches. Casting this thing is more of a technique thing, you get better and stronger and it gets easier. 

If you live near NJ, we can meet up and you can give a try with a vs300 and see how it feel 

16 mins ago, Starsnstripes said:

Well I am in North Jersey, thinking it may be a bit overkill for me though. Appreciate the effort!

All depend on what your trying to do 

6 hours ago, Starsnstripes said:

As I said, looking for something a bit beefier than my stealth when needed, just not looking to get worn out throwing it.

I use mine all day with no issues.  If you need distance this is the best rod for tossing 3 to 4 oz.  I can easily throw talking poppers 150 yards with mine.  And what’s weird is that more effort does not really get more distance.  The rod does the work.  Really great rod if you need distance.

9 hours ago, Starsnstripes said:

Where are you located?

Im in phily, but i fish by union beach area when im in north jersey. By the camp ground. 

Still not really sure what you're looking for since robust rods will be heavier anyway. The difference between 11ft and 12'6 is a couple oz.