Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slack Tidings

Power Auger recommendation ?

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good light duty power auger? It’s for the kitchen sink, I swear! Really, the kitchen sink backs up about twice a year and requires mw to snake it by hand for an hour or call a drain guy who charges $100. Whatcha got?

I got my “General” (orange tool and box) from the plumbing supply house 15 years ago for $249.00. It has paid for itself 100X over. 

Hey ST , that stinks... For the Mrs that is .. Ha ha .. J K .. How large are the  holes in the "secondary strainer" and what kind if strainer basket do you you have ? They make fine mesh type sieve that practically catches every thing except grease and such..little bit of pita to bang out but it works..  I have got them at the dollar store around here several times and is the trap / waste line plastic or metal? How far down the line is the clogged portion of the pipe do you think? If there's enough room to get a snake down there maybe it's possible to get a balloon jetter as i call it .  You insert it into the pipe and as you fill it with water it inflates and creates a seal and creates pressure and jets out a blast of water to unclog . Just don't want to give you misinformation and have your pipes damaged.. I'll send a pics if you need just have to dig gem out.. Lol .. they come in a couple different sizes. Any box store or hardware store should probably stock them.. 

Tommy

2 hours ago, cheech said:

I got my “General” (orange tool and box) from the plumbing supply house 15 years ago for $249.00. It has paid for itself 100X over. 

In the 30 years that I’ve owned my own house, I’ve never needed a drain pipe snaked. 

What are you guys putting down you pipes?

8 hours ago, mybeach said:

There are 1000 versions of this. Try to find a longer snake. 25’ is ok. 

8A1F13F1-E0D2-49B2-B56D-6A5793F4D461.jpeg

I borrowed one from a friend but the freaking thing just spins around without advancing or retracting. :shrug: Ended up just hand feeding it but the flimsy thing binds like crazy.:banghd: