gimbap1707

Looking for charter boats in long island.

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I want to take a couple friends (4 - 5 people in total) fishing but don’t know many charters on long island. Also, how much on average does the trip run you? Would really appreciate it. The last time I took the guys fishing we got skunked, so I’m kind of staying away from party boats. Also because there aren’t many full day trips since it’s the summer.

9 hours ago, gimbap1707 said:

I want to take a couple friends (4 - 5 people in total) fishing but don’t know many charters on long island. Also, how much on average does the trip run you? Would really appreciate it. The last time I took the guys fishing we got skunked, so I’m kind of staying away from party boats. Also because there aren’t many full day trips since it’s the summer.

It depends on where and what you want to fish for. I recently fished with Capt Herb Hahn of Cold Spring Charters for striped bass. We had a great time and we caught them well. The trip was about 6 hours and it cost $500 not including the tip for the mate. He does porgies and fluke at this time of the year too. I highly recommend him if you are looking to fish the north shore. 

If you want to bottom fish/bass/maybe bluefish, Top Hook out of Montauk will give you a good day.  

Capt. Steve Witthuhn knows how to find fish, is a pleasant human being to spend a day with, and does his best to keep customers happy.