JohnnyHookaLip

Best NJ beaches to launch kayaks from??

4 posts in this topic

So I usually launch my kayak on the bay side or in the sod banks.  But I want to start launching from the surf.  I would like your suggestions of kayak friendly beaches and accessibility to launch kayaks. I appreciate all your help thank you.

John

Not many kayak friendly beaches during swim season. Many towns designate a block for fishing. You can normally launch there but you have to check with the local towns. If you launch early before the beach opens or after 5 you can go almost anywhere.  Parking fees apply this time of year so be careful where you Park. Some beaches have ramps that make bringing your kayak on or off the beach easier  . A good cart with balloon tires makes  transporting easier.  What county do you want to launch from?

Northern beaches like cottage road at Monmouth beach aren't too bad and your a quick run to the Shrewsbury rocks watch the shore break though.

Couple breaks in long branch have a more mellow break but more work involved to find parking etc. 

Further south after that you have to pretty much wait for lifeguards to leave

After Labor Day, Monmouth Beach area is the Mecca of Kayak fishing. Any day calling for a flat surf and light winds will see 10 to 20 kayaks launching their.