drc

Why has Trump paused work visas. Small business suffers.

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

H-2A, H-2B, J1. All on pause, handcuffing small business. It's a political move, pandering to his base, that hurts business owners. Those out of work don't want these jobs.

Edited by drc

3 mins ago, drc said:

H-2A, H-2B, J1. All on pause, handcuffing small business. It's a political move, pandering to his base, that hurts business owners. Those out of work don't want these jobs.

What jobs aren't wanted by those out of work? 

6 mins ago, drc said:

Pandering to his base? Do you understand that those visas are supposed to be handed out to make workers available when there is a shortage? I think the shortage was over about 9 percent ago......

I guess JoeyZ scared you out of the other thread...

Edited by aae0130

Just now, Buckscorider said:

What jobs aren't wanted by those out of work? 

Landscaping, agriculture, hospitality, food processing, etc. 

1 min ago, aae0130 said:

Pandering to his base? Do you understand that those visas are supposed to be handed out to make workers available when there is a shortage? I think the shortage was over about 9 percent ago......

Wrong. Try getting a 20 yr old kid to take a seasonal job at $16/hr. I need 12 from April to Nov.

Never seen the jersey shore so crowded on a Thursday .Doesnt any one work ,between the pa plates the new Yorkers circling looking for houses due to the disasters deblasio created it’s all but out of control ... And no out of state folks are self quarantining ...Stop the free money and maybe they will go back to work ...

4 mins ago, aae0130 said:

I guess JoeyZ scared you out of the other thread...

Joey suggested I start thread, so I did.

Trump wants to get reelected. This makes him look tough on immigration but hurts small businesses that need seasonal workers to do jobs Americans won't.

3 mins ago, drc said:

Wrong. Try getting a 20 yr old kid to take a seasonal job at $16/hr. I need 12 from April to Nov.

So your one of the people that keeps this mess going.

Let me ask you this.....when one of those seasonal workers gets sick, how is that paid for? 

Just now, aae0130 said:

So your one of the people that keeps this mess going.

Let me ask you this.....when one of those seasonal workers gets sick, how is that paid for? 

Golf courses, landscaping, ski resorts... They're not 12 month operations buy they service millions of us. 

In RI, seasonal workers get 5 sick days. And since we're not hiring illigals, they're entitled to workers comp if out for an extended period.

3 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Sorry Americans wont work for your crappy wages. Even more sorry that orange man cut your supply of easily exploited illiterates.

Lol. They're making tens of thousands more than they'd make at home. They're provided comfortable housing and treated respectfully.

26 mins ago, drc said:

There's a pandemic.Should we just bring them here and give them a 1200.00 check ?

Well you start before school is over and you end after school starts. So your cutting out the college kids already. You won’t get a dependable family man because it’s seasonal. 

......I understand how workman’s comp works but if they get the flu or need an appendix out......who pays for that? 

Edited by aae0130