saltfisherman

Today’s report

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Not a lot to speak of with this full moon. The Low started out very high then add the high too and it didn’t gain much movement of water. So in a word slow. 

Did get some mangrove and some of the biggest pinfish I’ve seen. The mangrove are stacked but not much in way of opening of their mouths. You’d catch one and six would follow it to the kayak. 

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

What is the best tide to fish around the mangroves?

I like going from high to low. The high has the fish in the mangroves deeper, as the water drops they will drop back with it and lay on the edges. 

Had a good long weekend, caught a nice snook on the beach at about 26 inches and yesterday fishing out of the yak in the inter coastal landed  a red at about 18 inches and a small snook about the same. I hooked a juvenile tarpon in the mangroves that jumped and threw the hook and then hooked a really big snook, largest I’ve ever hooked. It ran hard up this channel I was fishing, I was able to turn it around and bring it back to me until it decided it had enough,  it swirled jumped and ran straight into the mangroves. I couldn’t stop it. All fish were on the fly. Funny thing it was like 1:00 in the afternoon.