Bdawk2020

New $10k all carbon fiber fishing kayak

13 posts in this topic

Wow, a stealth water sled, kayak ? Ha ha, bet they sell lots of these, well maybe not. It needs a sail though, it's pretty and cool looking though.

12’10” long and only weighs 40 pounds! That sounds pretty awesome but the price does not. If they can find a way to bring the price down by about half and give it a pedal drive, they might have something.

Too many compromises built into the boat. 

You can get an 18 ft boat under 40 lbs but you're not going to stand in it

I like the ongoing drive to improve the technology

I like a lot of the elements and thoughts behind this.

Can I justify one now? No.

But like everything the new revolutionary tech is always prohibitively expensive... But maybe in a few years foam core carbon or glass kayaks will be the new high end standard...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Jackson's kayak looks like it is completely incapable of surfing in at a beach.  Probably not capable of handling a following swell.

You can get a 40 lb composite and utterly surf and seaworthy Scupper kayak from Tim Niemier at Onwater Designs for $2,500.

Edited by gellfex

WHere are the pedals?

8k for an inferior fishing platform.......No wonder the ********* is tanking.

I hope people get their money back if the goal isn't reached......as it doesn't look like it's gonna get anywhere close....

My Pungo 120 Ultralite is 12' long and only weighs 40 pounds as well.  I'm willing to sell it to the first $8,000 offer and it's available immediately! LOL

On 7/5/2020 at 9:53 AM, DanKing said:

My Pungo 120 Ultralite is 12' long and only weighs 40 pounds as well.  I'm willing to sell it to the first $8,000 offer and it's available immediately! LOL

That sounds greedy! You should be asking no more than $4999.

I hope it hovers above the water for $8K ... oh wait, this changes everything "Paint scheme: Airbrushed stock design with customer selection of colors at no charge. Custom Paint schemes also available at an upcharge."