dmac95

LI Sound Private /Public (Paid) boat ramp help

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I usually hit the DEC ramps or Town of Babylon ramps, but I'd like to know if anyone here can suggest a ramp on north shore around town of huntington or town of smithtown with a boat ramp for public use or private paid.

I'm fine up to $30 launch/day and clean up very well after myself. Fishing not a concern as I have my spots east of there; just need something closer as my father lives in city and he's getting old. Not looking for spots as it's no brainer to fish drop offs or boulder fields on the N. Shore; so just the launch areas, paid preferably so you know I'm not trying to get a free full cooler heading back to flushing.

Stony Brook has a paid one - talked to the guy - but the first time we went will probably be the last (the tidal current is too risky for me). Appreciate the help- fellow kayaker turned boater. Might sell my 2 hobies here one day if the boat works out.

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, Mattys010 said:

Nissoquoge river state park in kings park. Mid tide is best. State park daily use 

How much water depth at low tide and bow much at mid tide?

Also getting there is a pain probably from south shore no? Seems only way to get there quickly is the sunken meadow state parkway but it's a parkway so ...

Is the one below it?

IMG_5009.jpg

Edited by dmac95