cow tamer

Undersized Striped Bass - Boater Fined / Gear Seized

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I guess he doesn't have a name.   I wonder what gear was actually seized?  It shows rods and reels, diving stuff, wonder if they took his boat?

Edited by Dennis R

There are hundreds of people just like this guy and that's one of the reasons we are where we are.  There are idiots out there stealing from all of us and ruining our fishery.  I hope the law enforcement triples the cases of this type of poaching and confiscates their boats as well as equipment.  The hammer has to come down hard and made public on the evening news locally .

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

He should be fined just for the fillet job.  Were they filleted with a shovel?

Agreed. Maybe they used a chainsaw? What’s with the tog with half it’s body missing?

10 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

Nice, RI NBC Copy Editors can't spell "Striped"...

Ya, but they sure have racist down pat. And can expertly spell MASK. Looser media, so sick of it. Can they spell revolution?

I read, and re- read this article and didn't see anything racist in it. Or MASK. Maybe I'll read it again so I can find out what  "Looser" media is.

Oh wait! It's misspelled. You mean "loser" media. And what revolution was written in the article?

Kudos to RIDEM for the bust. We don't see that many arrests here in CT because our law enforcement officers are spread so thin. Same state we always had, but with higher license fees, and less wardens.I fish and hunt at least 2 days a week, and without exaggeration it's been at least 15 years since I've seen a warden.

What the hell is stopping the state from jacking the fines up to be used as a mild deterrent? It makes sense to do so with enforcement running so thin. Would $1000 per fish be enough? Theres plenty of idiots that would poach even if it was in place and RI could sure could use the bucks nowadays. 

I guess until the courts realize the value of a fish they’ll never take the offense seriously

I can understand taking an undersized fish here or there if you need to feed your family. But 5 fish over, and I’ve seen multiples of that pay big fines! Make it hurt!