What to do with chewed up soft plastics

Rate this topic

HKJonathan

I turn mine into diy dartspins, adding spinner bait blade on the back with an extra long bait keeper twist screw lock spring or running some line through the bait with a riggin needle from hook to swivel.  Different size and shape blades change the sink and lift rate like density of hair on a bucktail.  

They’ve actually become my go to search and new spot bait.  The vibrations make it easier to feel bottom and strength of current.

I save all my Gulp that have their tails bitten off and keep them in the juice container.  When I run out, I reuse the heads as they are still effective for the scent attractant and attach a curly Otter Tail strip to the end of the hook in order to maintain the fluttering action of the presentation.

Hobie Power Skiff Fisherman

Hobie Revolution 13

On 7/3/2020 at 0:35 PM, Water Dog said:

I save all my Gulp that have their tails bitten off and keep them in the juice container.  When I run out, I reuse the heads as they are still effective for the scent attractant and attach a curly Otter Tail strip to the end of the hook in order to maintain the fluttering action of the presentation.

I do the same thing, Water Dog is a smart fellow. ;)

On 7/3/2020 at 9:43 AM, HKJonathan said:

Unfortunately most of these are where the tail or even half the body is gone. 

Same experience as you. I've started to rinse and save them in a ziplock bag. Eventually, I will create a mold probably for a sluggo or something like a whip it tail. Hate to throw away all that plastic.