Followers 0
richs

Senkos

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

What species have you used them on?

Do you like circles with them?

What sizes have you tried?

I've used them in the 4 and 5" rigged whacky for LMB, but think it's time to branch out a bit.

Smallies. LM and Pike in Canada love them in the 5" size. Try them texas rigged too in the weeds or along a "jetty". I'll bet a nice 5" white Senko drifting along the rocks would open up a stripers eyes? Can you imagine using an 6 -O circle and letting a black one drift off the rip. No weight, just the hook and Senko should get it down. Maybe I should bring it out with me tonight?

Anyway, love them in Fresh water and never tried them in the salty stuff.

D.J.

I use the big dark ones, 5 inches I guess they are. Dark blue with the sparkles seem to be the most effective. I put them on the hook like a regular rubber worm would be put on. Most of the time NOT texas rigged because they don't hold up to it. I use big gamatsu octopus. BIG Gamatsu hooks, I think they are 5/0. 3/0 were way to small in my opinion. I use them in lakes with hard structure more than in places with weeds.

I have been considdering whipping them out while stiper fishing to amaze and delight my saltwater focused friends, who have not really crossed paths with these things. I am thinking they could be deadly if we ever have bass feeding on sand eels again.

But so far I have caught mostly good size largemouth with them and ocasionally a big pickeral comes along and beats them up. I would not even attempt to use these in salt when bluefish are around.