Fishaholic Ivan

Favorite Tuna casting or jigging lures

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Madd mantis popper or any other clone you can buy from China. That’s what I catch almost all of my top water tuna on.  The sebile splashers were a favorite but are hard to come by these days.  M. Fischer makes a pretty quality popper.  For stickbaits Sirens are expensive but I’ve caught some quality fish on them. Maria stickbaits catch fish too.  For any kind of tuna bait swap out whatever Stock hooks and split rings come with them.  For hooks I go with ST66, expensive but tuna can bend out hooks very, very easily. Nothing worse than spending 45 minutes on a decent over to have the hooks bent out right in the endgame when you’re really putting the heat on a fish.  

For jigs I always have a mix of hogy sandeels, nomad streakers, but my favorite are the mustad moonrisers.  Usually go with something in the 80-120 gram sized as I’m speed jigging 100% of the time and anything bigger gets a little tiring on my arms. 

The tuna below and 7 others that size range fell for a madd mantis popper that day.

440F57BB-7695-4B1F-B800-FC7CC592346F.jpeg

Edited by bbfish