buddha162

New Daiwa BG - Monocoque!

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

I saw the presentation, looks nice with some traditional sealing finally instead of nothing or magseal. I didnt see the gear material though, it would be kind of disappointing if they stayed cast zinc. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

And they still didn`t do one piece bail wire, or thicker one.

edit: but I do like the fact that they don`t mention LT concept or magseal in it.

Edited by glos

36 mins ago, 55555s said:

365 degrees?  

I chuckled when I heard that... 

1 hour ago, jk20a3 said:

I saw the presentation, looks nice with some traditional sealing finally instead of nothing or magseal. I didnt see the gear material though, it would be kind of disappointing if they stayed cast zinc. 

At last year's bass master classic I was grilling some of the big wigs about magseal and to just make a damn reel with nothing but rubber... They looked at me funny and touted mag seals superiority... I told them bluntly you don't make a reel that can be fished like the spheros.... 

Here we are a year and a half later..... 

It's a cast zinc main gear like the saltist and BG.... I'd like a higher grade material... But frankly... The bg and saltist gears weren't the issue in the prior gen

1 hour ago, glos said:

And they still didn`t do one piece bail wire, or thicker one.

edit: but I do like the fact that they don`t mention LT concept or magseal in it.

According official unofficial or unofficial official information .  The air bails aren't as rugged. And can't take a hit like the standard wire. 

And that correlates to what I've seen as well. 

8 mins ago, ASrod said:

Didn’t BG stand for black/gold? Now it’s big game?

I was confused on that too.  I wounded if they’ll keep the black and gold model as well

33 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

According official unofficial or unofficial official information .  The air bails aren't as rugged. And can't take a hit like the standard wire. 

And that correlates to what I've seen as well. 

Not air - LT - bail. Solid aluminium wire, thick.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

At last year's bass master classic I was grilling some of the big wigs about magseal and to just make a damn reel with nothing but rubber... They looked at me funny and touted mag seals superiority... I told them bluntly you don't make a reel that can be fished like the spheros.... 

Here we are a year and a half later..... 

It's a cast zinc main gear like the saltist and BG.... I'd like a higher grade material... But frankly... The bg and saltist gears weren't the issue in the prior gen

I am a big Daiwa fan and thats all I've been wanting since the Z series or even the 1st gen Isla/Catalina. Just something to compete in the spinfisher/spheros category, that balance of beach/some sand protection but still smooth. And maybe better paint, which I know they said they addressed with the new Saltiga and so far so good. 

Edited by jk20a3