Sudsy

July 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

698 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Maybe I missed it but does using bug work day and night?

 

Also, I tried it couple of times before even seeing this thread but always casted out as far as I can.  Never caught one, I should try casting near by some time.

 

Edited by Notable Catch
Adding casting distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outfront in MOCO 3:00am - 6:30am.  Water is clear with some nice wave action & suds.  Looked very fishable.  Managed to get (1) in the dark on the teaser and (1) at sunrise.  

20200703_005011.jpg

20200703_054830.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moco Outfront 7P to 9P The top of the tide. Clean  chest high swell with white water and strong current right to left on with a west wind. On the fly with an eight weight and mole crab fly. Four striped ones and a large Sea Robin right in the churning trough.

thumbnail-3.jpeg

thumbnail-3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 1:36 PM, MarkG said:

any reports from NMOCO?

it was dead city all last week....no bait/birds/dolphins/whales.....sad

hoping for a turn around starting tomorrow....unless it already has[?]

Went 2 days ago and got skunked for the first time ever there. Couple guys around me, each got one small blue when I was there. Very disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 mins ago, yarddog59 said:

Moco Outfront 7P to 9P The top of the tide. Clean  chest high swell with white water and strong current right to left on with a west wind. On the fly with an eight weight and mole crab fly. Four striped ones and a large Sea Robin right in the churning trough.

thumbnail-3.jpeg

thumbnail-3.jpeg

Cool!  Recipe for mole crab fly? Looks super-buggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fished  this morning two hours right at sun up. 1 ounce egg sinker with a 3 inch Berkeley grub got about a dozen shorts. Fished  Raritan Bay New York side. Small blues on some bunker out of casting range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 mins ago, CS said:

Cool!  Recipe for mole crab fly? Looks super-buggy.

Eagle claw 413 jig hook 1/0, Palmer wrap from hook bend some EP brush crustacean blend to 1/4 inch before bend to hook eye. Figure eight wrap small orange lead barbells. Top with one or two appropriate colored wood duck feathers for the shell. Trim to shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, yarddog59 said:

Eagle claw 413 jig hook 1/0, Palmer wrap from hook bend some EP brush crustacean blend to 1/4 inch before bend to hook eye. Figure eight wrap small orange lead barbells. Top with one or two appropriate colored wood duck feathers for the shell. Trim to shape.

Awesome.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice conditions  this morning getting there well before sun up.  Was looking like it would be a nice morning out, but then the peace of the morning ended quickly with people coming out of nowhere.  The holiday weekend is in full swing already.  Surfers, sunrise peepers, swimmers, dead stickers and folks just standing in the wash line told me it was time to go home.  Did find two small fish early, one on the teaser and the other on the white swimmer.  Didn't get a single bump using the bugs but really didn't put a lot of time in.  With the expected crowds this weekend I will stay away until Monday.  Happy 4th everybody!:wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 mins ago, MC55 said:

Nice conditions  this morning getting there well before sun up.  Was looking like it would be a nice morning out, but then the peace of the morning ended quickly with people coming out of nowhere.  The holiday weekend is in full swing already.  Surfers, sunrise peepers, swimmers, dead stickers and folks just standing in the wash line told me it was time to go home.  Did find two small fish early, one on the teaser and the other on the white swimmer.  Didn't get a single bump using the bugs but really didn't put a lot of time in.  With the expected crowds this weekend I will stay away until Monday.  Happy 4th everybody!:wave:

I didn't even bother this morning. Lately the surfers have been all over the place and don't seem to give a damn if you're fishing where they want to go. Not all of them, but enough to sour your day.

Happy 4th Mike. See you on the beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got out real early with my sons to use the bunker we gathered from the kayak yesterday out front Moco to just change it up and remind them of different kinds of fishing. Non stop tank Sea Robin's, skates, and 3-6lb blues. Told them nothing better then fresh bait when you use bait. Seen a guy fluking at sunrise and was picking them off pretty good. Left as the swarm of beach goers out populated the flies on the beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading over to IBSP now, will be there till evening. If anyone from here is also there today, do leave me a message and we can quickly (maintaining social distance) meet for a hello. 

 

Hopefully no skunk today, gotta break the spell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to go out yesterday Afternoon. My bicycle is rigged up for carrying a rod and stuff. Almost got hit twice Buy a car on my way to the water.

Turned around and came home. Played my guitar for the rest of the night Safe and out of reach of the Benny’s

 

Eeeeels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 mins ago, Eeeeels said:

Wanted to go out yesterday Afternoon. My bicycle is rigged up for carrying a rod and stuff. Almost got hit twice Buy a car on my way to the water.

Turned around and came home. Played my guitar for the rest of the night Safe and out of reach of the Benny’s

 

Eeeeels

I would like to see your bike if you don't mind sharing some pictures. I have a Rad Rover and want to modify it to carry my stuff as well. 

20200320_181937.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Family beach half day. Thought we’d hit the sand before the weekend madness. Wrong!!! There were hoardes there at sunup as if it was the middle of a weekend day. Anyway, it was a beautiful morning, great water and surf. Light westerly, end of incoming into the outgoing. Tons of big bugs in our normal spot. Started off slow. Guys to the north of me were fluking and picked a couple. Nada until the dropping tide. Ended up with 3. 2 26s”  and a 24”. All on bugs. I got bigger circle hooks and had no drag issue so I went 3 for 3. Circle hooks had perfect hook sets.

7338038D-F620-4BBE-96E7-8EFBD45C7351.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.