Octopotamus

The Passing of Chicago Bill

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Good man, good poster. Dude loved his surf fishing as much as anyone I've ever met.

Could always be found during the fall in the Sea Bright - Sandy Hook area.

He will be missed. :(

Bill's boyish enthusiasm belied his age.  He was always a pleasure to be around whether there were fish to catch or just to chat.  Its a sad loss, and my condolences to his circle of friends in the area, and especially to his cousin George.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Bill and I used to coincidently run into eachother on a spot in the navesink searching for bass. He didn't personally know me, nor did I personally know him but we used to chat it up while we fished. He was a personable man who was a pleasure to fish with. RIP and condolences to his family.

Edited by joefishnj21

2 hours ago, jeffw said:

Bill's boyish enthusiasm belied his age.  He was always a pleasure to be around whether there were fish to catch or just to chat.  Its a sad loss, and my condolences to his circle of friends in the area, and especially to his cousin George.

I didnt know him but reading this... what more could one ask for?   

Condolences to friends and family, and a huge thumbs up to Chicago Bill for leaving a very positive mark.

May you rest in peace Chicago Bill. Miss the times on the beach fishing with you and your advice with my kids present. Awesome angler and friend. The stories you left my kids they still talk about. 

Wow, very upsetting news, I got to know Bill pretty well over the years. I looked for his white van in the spring and fall, he was usually with his fishing partner Judy. She has to be crushed. RIP buddy.

Wow ... Chicago Bill and his white van with Illinois plates was always a fixture each fall . . . really nice guy and sad to see a good one pass on.  

Didn't know him personally, but he sounds like the kinda guy we need more of out there...RIP Bill...may the tide always be outgoing and the shadow lines full of big fish...