Delmarva Fishin' Reports - July 2020

Rate this topic

luckyOC

Family day, so I wasn’t really trying too hard. All small stuff, croakers and spot on every cast on the small rigs. Inside the outer bar. 

On another note, waited 2 hours, the line was backed up from the federal ranger station to the top of the Verrazano bridge, no exaggeration. 

Once we got through the ranger station toll booth, it was smooth sailing onto the OSV. 

I wish I would have heard about the drum, I would have had a much different approach today...

Other than the line, it was a great beach day with the family! 

Wow, awesome!  I made it all the way to Bucks Friday night and had to turn around and limp the truck back home, my clutch started going up on me and I didn't want to take a chance out on the OSV with the camper on the truck.  Looks like it was fun, I went to my usual spot on Sunday and caught some snakeheads instead.  Not looking forward to replacing that clutch.

Edited by spinr0k

13 hours ago, dave sharkman said:

odd summer for sure, I know of at least half dozen reds being caught over the last week or 2, no crazy numbers but still reds off the beach in july....

I was gonna say I've seen 6 or 7 over the last 2 weeks.

I think the last few years there have been a couple here and there and as early as June but it wasn't 6 or 7 in a 2 week time.

Last weekend when we were out in rhe boat the back bay was 83 degrees, till we got out to the inlet it only dropped down to 80.  Winter wasn't real cold, water warmed up alittle faster.  Maybe they are moving alittle more?  I dunno.  Tropical storm pushed a few north?  

Last year and the year before they were chasing and following schools of small trout out front.  Sharks were chasing the schools too.  Havent seen any trout yet this summer either though.  Plenty of hard heads in the inlet though

4 mins ago, DerrickT said:

I was gonna say I've seen 6 or 7 over the last 2 weeks.

I think the last few years there have been a couple here and there and as early as June but it wasn't 6 or 7 in a 2 week time.

Last weekend when we were out in rhe boat the back bay was 83 degrees, till we got out to the inlet it only dropped down to 80.  Winter wasn't real cold, water warmed up alittle faster.  Maybe they are moving alittle more?  I dunno.  Tropical storm pushed a few north?  

Last year and the year before they were chasing and following schools of small trout out front.  Sharks were chasing the schools too.  Havent seen any trout yet this summer either though.  Plenty of hard heads in the inlet though

Haven't seen as many of the normal sharks either, sandbars here and there, an occasional sandtiger but the blacktips and spinners are thick.