Cerealkilla43

Best bait & tackle store in nj?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm curious where you guys like to go for your bait. Most bait and tackle I've been to either have just bunker, mullet and clams but I'd like to check out a tackle store that has a lot more options crabs,shrimp,eels, maybe even live baits etc. The kind of more "rare" baits that not alot of guys are using. Any store you guys recommend that have a bunch more options other than the more common stuff?

I used to buy squid rings from markets, obviously not breaded style, cut them once and you have a squid strip. 

If you are looking for strips of fish skin, just buy a fillet and save the skin. 

There's probably a few.  What part of the state do you live in or where do you fish?  No sense telling you about a shop in Keyport when you'll be fishing in Egg Harbor and live in Cherry Hill.

In my fishing area i’m partial to two......absecon bay in absecon and riptides in brigantine.

besides being good shops for bait and tackle they are both active in fishery issues and community events

2 hours ago, FISH BUCKET said:

In my fishing area i’m partial to two......absecon bay in absecon and riptides in brigantine.

besides being good shops for bait and tackle they are both active in fishery issues and community events

Absecon Bay B&T is a good place for live bait, has in season : shedders, spot, mullet, ells,killies,worms,and clams. He has many live bait pens.