Jim McFeeley

Glock 17 gen 5.

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

47 mins ago, Jim McFeeley said:

Thanks guys il check the plug out. Im probably going to put the trijicon 2 RMR 3.25 on it. 

Get the RM06 model.

Also, consider getting a third party sealing plate (maybe Battlewerx) and some enhanced mounting plate screws.

Use vibratite on the threads.

11 mins ago, fishweewee said:

Get the RM06 model.

Also, consider getting a third party sealing plate (maybe Battlewerx) and some enhanced mounting plate screws.

Use vibratite on the threads.

Ok so the gun came with 4 different mounting plates but I will check that out for sure.

32 mins ago, Jim McFeeley said:

Ok so the gun came with 4 different mounting plates but I will check that out for sure.

Use the RMR mounting plate that came with the MOS but also use an extra sealing plate (moisture seal) and don't use the supplied Glock screws.  They break.

Edited by fishweewee

Jim,

Forgot to mention.

if you mount the RMR, you will need suppressor height sights.  Otherwise you won’t be able to use the factory irons if your RMR craps our.

Dawson Precision sells them.  Your POA at 25 yards will need to be held 5.5 inches higher with irons.

I'll look later to see what my aftermarket plate was.  specialty company machines then for perfect fit; sends you the screws as well.  Will pull it later tonight and let you know in the morning.  

1 hour ago, JimP said:

I'll look later to see what my aftermarket plate was.  specialty company machines then for perfect fit; sends you the screws as well.  Will pull it later tonight and let you know in the morning.  

Thanks