flyntus

New to Washington

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Hello, everybody.

I am new to the West Coast (Washington).  I live in the Tri Cities area and plan to make a trip to the coast soon.  I'd like to try my hand at fishing for White Sturgeon in my local rivers.  I'm coming from the TX Gulf Coast and we have multiple species we target in the surf.  Is there really only redtail surfperch to be caught in the Washington surf?  That's all I have heard about.

Thanks.

flyntus

18 hours ago, flyntus said:

Hello, everybody.

I am new to the West Coast (Washington).  I live in the Tri Cities area and plan to make a trip to the coast soon.  I'd like to try my hand at fishing for White Sturgeon in my local rivers.  I'm coming from the TX Gulf Coast and we have multiple species we target in the surf.  Is there really only redtail surfperch to be caught in the Washington surf?  That's all I have heard about.

Thanks.

flyntus

You are in a prime location for targeting sturgeon on both the Columbia and the Snake.  Lots of good water within a couple of hours.

Hopefully, someone will chime in regarding the surf fishing opportunities.  I know that some target king and coho salmon.  A former coworker used to catch decent sized ling cod.  Nothing huge, but 20 to 30 lb. is nice.  I think he was fishing off the end of jetties.