Wilgabeast

Launching kayaks in the Boston area

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Any access spots you guys can share ? I plan on fishing at night if that helps .ive been having terrible luck down the cape so gonna try up north 

I've seen people launching near the Beverly fishing pier, not sure the exact location.

Also Marina bay (right outside) in Quincy might be easy to launch.

27 mins ago, foxfai said:

I've seen people launching near the Beverly fishing pier, not sure the exact location.

Thank you I’m trying to pick a spot 

1 hour ago, foxfai said:

Might be residents, you can't park anywhere but metered spots otherwise. Somebody said the south shore was less absurd about parking and access. I still haven't tried launching from a boat ramp, haven't had time when the weather was OK.

Morrissey Boulevard has a "boat ramp" on the northbound side before UMass. This area was recently posted with signs saying that it is closed dusk to dawn. As far as I know this is the only public boat launch in the city of Boston. Good access to the Neponset, Dorchester Bay, and some of the islands.

2 mins ago, tanktroll said:

Morrissey Boulevard has a "boat ramp" on the northbound side before UMass. This area was recently posted with signs saying that it is closed dusk to dawn. As far as I know this is the only public boat launch in the city of Boston. Good access to the Neponset, Dorchester Bay, and some of the islands.

Thanks that helps a lot 

54 mins ago, ermghoti said:

Might be residents, you can't park anywhere but metered spots otherwise. Somebody said the south shore was less absurd about parking and access. I still haven't tried launching from a boat ramp, haven't had time when the weather was OK.

Hull is  closed to non residents

22 hours ago, Wilgabeast said:

Any access spots you guys can share ? I plan on fishing at night if that helps .ive been having terrible luck down the cape so gonna try up north 

hingham bathing beach can be launched from around high tide.  low tide its an exposed mud flat....  there is a ramp just east of the beach for extraction at lower tides.  short paddle to the west side of world's end

On 6/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, foxfai said:

If you want to launch in beverly salem area, you can park by the tennis courts down by the salem willows. Free public parking.  Theres a Beach right across the street.  Dead Horse Beach

What about surf casting spots ? My passion is surf casting but I kayak fish in spots I don’t know so I can use to graph . Can anyone pm and give me some spots for surf fishing ? I was thinking deer island and I have access to a spot of 145 by Logan airport

25 mins ago, Wilgabeast said:

What about surf casting spots ? My passion is surf casting but I kayak fish in spots I don’t know so I can use to graph . Can anyone pm and give me some spots for surf fishing ? I was thinking deer island and I have access to a spot of 145 by Logan airport

Spot burning is one of the no-no in this site. But Castle Island, Deer Island, Nut Island are good few north > south to try at anytime.