emptyhook

Who is sick.

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Without watching the news and going by what you herd first hand who do you know have gotten sick? Exempt people of healthcare, how many do you know that got it?

I was named essential in the construction industry and never shut down. I don’t know anyone that confirms with a test they had it.

My girl’s boss’s wife got it but no one else in the family got it. I wouldn’t count this case as a known but it was interesting that he said he sleep in the same bed as her and didn’t get it.

Don’t personally know anyone who tested positive or was confirmed with the virus. I’m getting tested in a week or so as a pre-op test before a surgery I’m getting. Not been sick though.

I have an acquaintance that died from it.  A couple distant acquaintances that recovered.  

I've got family and friends that work front line in healthcare with the infected and they didnt get it.  

One long time friend (58 F) and one acquaintance (64 F) died from it, and three others who had it, one hospitalized..  

Do any of you know if the people who died from it, was it the Corona virus only or did they have underlying conditions that helped put them over the edge.  Just wondering how many people died  because of underlying conditions, not just a healthy adult who got it and died.

probably about a dozen people at least that i know or associated with someone i know close enough to care about got it. one death, my wife's colleague's FIL. closest in the family was an uncle in nursing home that has every single high risk factor and i counted as a goner as soon as he tested positive, but didn't die. ex-girlfriend from high school worked in the nj nursing home where they were stacking bodies like cordwood in the shed. she got it too, quit and moved to florida.

I have dentist clients in the city.  Husband is the dentist, she runs the office.  He didn't even know he had it, she did.  Had another clients wife....early 70s, heavy smoker, overweight - ended up hosptitalized but got home.  Thats the extent of my exposure to it

40 mins ago, mike3dr said:

Do any of you know if the people who died from it, was it the Corona virus only or did they have underlying conditions that helped put them over the edge.

Does anyone actually die from just the covid? I mean, if the dr tells you that you have terminal cancer, but through treatment you can expect to live another three years. And then a month later you get covid and die, what did you die from?

But to answer your question, both of the woman that I know that died from it were heavy smokers and one was considerably overweight..

A couple we’re friends with had it. Husband had minor symptoms the whole time. He just felt fatigued. Wife had fever on and off for three weeks with some respiratory distress but stayed out of hospital. 

50 years old and otherwise healthy. 

My 72 year old aunt and uncle had it. Otherwise healthy. Battled it for two weeks but recovered without hospital. They’re daughter ( my cousin ) lives next door to them. Both she and her husband had it. 

Another friend who was older but otherwise healthy was not so fortunate. Died in hospital.

All cases confirmed through testing.

I personally don’t know anyone that tested positive. I’ve been getting a lot of my cousin’s bother’s next door Neighbor’s mailman knows a guy that knows a guy. But as far as my circle of coworkers and family. Nothing yet.