jjdbike

Best knot for 10lb braid to 15lb floro leader?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

If I'm using a barrel swivel and worried about my rod tip I'll stick a bead on.  My wife and kids crank til they can't crank no more!

Edited by PSegnatelli

Uni to uni for me.  I had tried the Alberto several times, and I’m sure it’s me, but I have had failures with it.  In my mind, it seems like the knot results in a hinging point with the braid eventually weakening and finally parting.  I love the simplicity and slim profile of the knot (bend) but just don’t have any confidence in it.  Again, many here love it, and I certainly may have done something wrong tying it, but I haven’t had a doubles uni fail me.  

Uni to uni on such thin braid/flouro. 

If  you were dealing with heavier lines and longer leaders where a knot going through the guides was an issue, then the FG is the way to go. 

I've been using a simple Albright knot in that situation for years with no trouble.  The only caution is to not use it in a braid to monofilament.  The braid will cut the softer mono.  Braid to fluorocarbon is reliable.  The Uni to Uni and FG knots are way too complicated and time consuming for me.  

GT!!!!!!!

i have used the Alberto for about 15 years

I tried the FG and although I had it down good enough, re-tying a top shot in the surf, boat etc,,,,didn’t work for me.

I tried the GT and is as easy as Alberto but slimmer profile and has not failed

GT knot for me as well. I can tie that faster than using 2 palomar knots and a swivel. The only bad thing is it doesn't go through guides great. But I don't care about that