hot mackerel jigging in Cape Cod

Rate this topic

ksong

We used to jig mackerel on party boats in NY/NJ in April.  But they don't show up there anymore.

I think they changed the migrating route as there are tons of mackerel in Cape Cod in recent years.

I jigged for tuna, but I couldn't as mackerel constantly hit big hook of tuna jigs. 

And there are lots of whiting there too. That is good sign as I remember 1990 is the last year I got whiting on party boats in Ny/NJ area.

9 mins ago, ksong said:

We used to jig mackerel on party boats in NY/NJ in April.  But they don't show up there anymore.

I think they changed the migrating route as there are tons of mackerel in Cape Cod in recent years.

I jigged for tuna, but I couldn't as mackerel constantly hit big hook of tuna jigs. 

And there are lots of whiting there too. That is good sign as I remember 1990 is the last year I got whiting on party boats in Ny/NJ area.

Holy Mackerel...

Hi Kil!

54 mins ago, ksong said:

Nice to see you here Jason. :)

How was flounder fishing this year ?

I fished tuna. I barely use jigs as mackerel constantly hit my jigs. 

They even hit stickbait on surface.

20200628_090448.jpg

20200628_091513.jpg

Wow Kil! In this picture you look much younger (and much bulkier) than I remember you....

The flounder fishing was really good (much more fish around this year as compared to last year) up to about 10 days ago when the water temps spiked and the flounder just vanished. It was like shutting off the light how quickly it ended so I pulled my boat from Boston on Saturday and will launch in Westport tomorrow. The fluke and sea bass are waiting for me!

4 hours ago, jason colby said:

Wow Kil! In this picture you look much younger (and much bulkier) than I remember you....

The flounder fishing was really good (much more fish around this year as compared to last year) up to about 10 days ago when the water temps spiked and the flounder just vanished. It was like shutting off the light how quickly it ended so I pulled my boat from Boston on Saturday and will launch in Westport tomorrow. The fluke and sea bass are waiting for me!

Nice you had good season of flounder.

Flounder is another species which disappeared from NY/NJ. 

I hope they come back to our local water.

Good luck for fluke and seabass. There are tons of them there.