Justinj

J braid x4

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I like the x4 just because I prefer a little bit of a stiffer line, it also has a more abrasion resistant feel. I like the x8 too when new but I feel like it frays and goes limp easier (insert joke here). 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:57 PM, Justinj said:

How is this stuff? Got a 300 yard spool of 15lb to use on a spinning reel for bucktailing ocean fluke. Die hard original power pro user here, but dicks was out of 15lb and I had a $20 reward so I figured I’d give this stuff a try. $20 for 300 yards. I’ve read mixed reviews but wanna hear from people who have actually fished it a fair amount of time

Ive used plenty of brands for different applications. Imho, the jbraid x4 is a decent line for the price. I like it better than spectra powerpro as it is not as rough. Compared to the x8 though it is noticeably rougher and is not as smooth. I mainly use suffix 832 on my surf setup and love it. Its a combination of smooth and strength. I used 20lb x8 down in florida fishing for reds up to 20 lbs and it held up very well. It was my first time using x8 and the smoothness of it was impressive when casting and when the fish made their big runs. Had no issues with the line either breaking or getting roughed up by the rocks on the jetty. Still on the same spool for about a year now and still going strong. I use x4 on my light tog setup and it works fine but i wouldve liked to pay the extra for the x8 from experience. 

Got out to montauk today fluking and fished the line for the first time jigging 1.5-2oz jigs for most of the day. Good line for the price, very similar to original power pro had no issues. I would recommend 

x4 is good for the price, can find it cheap. Only used 15 and 20lb. You can tell its rougher and stiffer than x8. Have had no problems with it. I like it sometimes for light tackle jigging around structure where I get rubbed a lot and don't mind cutting off longer lengths of braid. The x8 along with the x8 grand has been my go to for 80% of the rest of my stuff.