Fishing Gear Stolen

Rate this topic

Reed422

2 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Underground garage

There should be cameras at all points of entry as well as exits in those type of garages. Take time out to do your own investigating, let management know what happened and you wan't to know who was on duty that night. Start shaking the tree and you may see some apples fall. 

11 hours ago, Reed422 said:

When I got in the car my epi pen and registration was sitting on my drivers side seat which was in my center console.  They know my apt number. And I didn’t want to make the effort to get a gun because I live in a building with security, fantastic. So glad I got a Jeep with a soft top.

They're not going to come to your house. The scum who do these kinds of smash-and-grab thefts are looking for anything they can turn into a $20 bill, or, if they hit the jackpot, a couple of Cs. They're lowlife addicts, and they are not looking for confrontation -- they just want to steal your stuff so they can get their next fix. 

It sucks that this happens, but don't feel unsafe. An hour after they fenced your rig, they couldn't remember what ZIP code they were in, let alone what your address is. 

Keep an eye on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace -- the stuff may turn up for sale there. The cops don't always have time to monitor that stuff, and if you see your stolen gear, notify the police. They will arrest the creeps, and maybe, just maybe, get you your stuff back. 

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

2 hours ago, Chunkah said:

As an insurance man you should know better then having a 1k deductible! 

Wrong. Lower deductibles on homeowners (and condo) policies have gotten expensive: the last time I priced mine, a $500 deductible was $250 more in annual premium than a thousand. Put another way, every two years you save the difference -- and who has a claim every two years? 

The way to pay the least over the long run is to pay for all the little **** yourself, and only use insurance for big claims. Gear theft, as much as it sucks, probably isn't big enough. 

Unless you had 30 GRS plugs in that plug bag. 15 Gary Soldati lures x $75 apiece = goodbye, deductible! :idea:

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

Reed, you basically live a Newtonish town if I recall. No town is safe anymore. Never leave fishing gear in your vehicle. That reel and rod will sell for good money. Druggies have been stealing gear forever. 

I live in a quiet, safe, whitey town too. I still lock the Taco. 

Sucks. Only had a vehicle broken into once and it still pisses me off. 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

its weird, but i agree with belmo, likely some junkie, perhaps with an idea of what fishing gear goes for. if someone didn't take it for themselves, they must hav had an idea of the value, because the risk has to be worth it for them in someway.

assuming the access to the underground isn't super restricted, it has to be someone that would have a reason to be down there. junkies probably love those underground garages because they would rarely be patrolled by the police and i doubt cameras are much of a deterrent when they need a fix. 

probably not someone in your complex, but perhaps a friend of someone that visits regularly. or a contractor that was down there and happened to see the stuff and fishes. but if they left the box of plugs, i'd guess they were on foot.

Just now, CATCHnRELEASE said:

Well, all I can say is that I always wanted a slingshot 1267 and a saltiga reel.

Now, i have both. Thanks agam.

A funny from CnR! 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around.