Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Patriots Sign Cam Newton

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

That would require the Patriots to change their offensive scheme.

Are they going to do that?

Maybe they use Cam like NO uses Taysome Hill.  I’m sure they will have to change their offense.  The O line will have to get use to being ready to run block for the QBs when flushed.  Definitely will be a different look but the Pats have always adapted.

4 mins ago, DZ said:

Maybe they use Cam like NO uses Taysome Hill.  I’m sure they will have to change their offense.  The O line will have to get use to being ready to run block for the QBs when flushed.  Definitely will be a different look but the Pats have always adapted.

Why change what's been so effective for so long?

3 hours ago, jimmy1956 said:

So Newton at 31 years old is as good as Brady when he was 31 or older. Hell Brady was better the last two years. No Newton will never match Brady in the short throw game. No one has for years. As someone said above he does dress well though.:beers:

What is your point Jimmy? Is there a question somewhere

2 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Why change what's been so effective for so long?

Running QB for starters, top notch offensive coordinator and coach/GM.....

42 mins ago, jimmy1956 said:

Rhetorical......you know what that means Cheater Fan lol.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but try and stay on point. 

Edited by iphish

I think this is very optimistic! Cam is flush with talent. He will seldom have to run. The Patriots under BB are by design is an offensive line blanket for the QB. Cam you can sit back and let it fly. Follow the practice of what Brady was able to do regarding protecting himself. ( protect that throwing arm) This will be a great system for him to get to that next level. Superstar MVP level again! Trust in Bill is all you have to do and follow the script. Honestly I can't believe how fortunate of a signing this is. Brady was a tough act to follow but I think Cam will do just fine. This is one piece of the puzzle to be at ease about. Need some break out speed receivers to catch his balls. Fast with hands like velcro. Wow, I really did not expect this excitement so soon. Welcomed news.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:53 AM, Gotcow? said:

That would require the Patriots to change their offensive scheme.

Are they going to do that?

They changed last year 

this all hinges on Josh McDaniels. He will figure out a way to design an offense in which Cam doesn’t have to carry the weight of the team...hell, he did it with Tebow, so this will be a piece of cake in comparison