surfcast

Fishing permit For Gateway Park

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to obtain the fishing permit, Staten Island Great kills park, I think it covers Sandy Hook also? The local office is still shut down.     

As of now, they're not selling permits and it seems to this humble angler, they're not going to.  Supposedly last year's sticker is what they're looking for, if you have it, you're golden.  If not, park elsewhere and hoof it (my story, and my knees hate it).  Some don't have it and fill up the lots anyways, but those that do and can't park will rightfully complain and eventually they'll act and pass it the tickets, so be careful if you try anyways. 

I don't understand why they can't do it electronically and then mail it.  While some of the staff may have been let go, they have to keep many of the federal employees due to worker protections so the office can't be empty.  Offer it online for a fee, then enforce it at the lots.  It will make money for the organization, keep down complaints and garbage at the lots - win/win for all.  Enough emails, etc may get it done!

You should be fine with 2019 permit. Little birdie told me the police are handing out tickets like m&ms to the non permit cars. People just see it as an entrance fee if they do get one.