Pierce

Superstitious in fishing?

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

What are some of the superstitious things not to do while fishing?

I heard that when you see Sea Turtle in the area, move along as there bound to be no fish in the area? Is that true?

Never release the first fish caught, as this will spooke away other fishes in the area?

Never pee in the water you fish, fish will disappear fast?

Edited by Pierce

It’s all mental. Can’t let stuff like that get real estate in your head. 

never heard of any of these but I know for a fact that the one about releasing the first fish caught isn’t true. 

Iv only heard that it’s bad luck to catch a fish on the first cast of the season/year. If you do you will have a bad year. 

When I drive to the open boat there is a traffic light.

If the light is green, I am going to get keepers.

If I get stopped at red light, not so good of a day.  Lures going to get lost, short fish, tangled with guy standing next to me.

More of a observation. Whenever I drive over a bridge or entrance to a park. I don't ever want to see trucks with rods going the other way. It's the kiss of death more often than not.

I don’t eat bananas on the party boat for every else’s comfort. I don’t believe in it. I caught the 29” fish in my profile pic on a popper late March with turtles around. 

All I know is that you can’t lose unless you choose. And I’ll be creeping while you’re sleeping, and scoring while you’re snoring because night time is the right time if you want to catch the big girls. And by the way, this plug is KILLAH!!!

5BDCBCFA-D262-4E91-AE7C-8C5EA1DE5CFD.jpeg

2 hours ago, ASrod said:

All I know is that you can’t lose unless you choose. And I’ll be creeping while you’re sleeping, and scoring while you’re snoring because night time is the right time if you want to catch the big girls. And by the way, this plug is KILLAH!!!

still have my original bomber that I still use fishing near rocky areas

10 hours ago, Pierce said:

What are some of the superstitious things not to do while fishing?

I heard that when you see Sea Turtle in the area, move along as there bound to be no fish in the area? Is that true?

Never release the first fish caught, as this will spooke away other fishes in the area?

Never pee in the water you fish, fish will disappear fast?

Cobia are known to hang with turtles, in the right waters obviously 

As for the topic at hand, I am verrrry superstitious when fishing. I would rather be lucky than good anyday! Any night I don't catch I make sure I go back the next night to cash in on my karma. Might be in my head but I swear it works

6 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

First rule, NEVER talk about superstitions.

And, no bananas on a boat.

After we cross paths with this one we didn't catch $#it...

SOL 1435.jpg

Those weird rock piles tourists make on the beaches, never walk between one and the water. I don't know why but I stick to that rule. 

4 hours ago, ASrod said:

That plug has been killer for 40 years!!