codfish

Russia Offered Afghans Bounty to Kill U.S. Troops, Officials Say

Rate this topic

188 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Sqwiddig said:

Remember when Obama invited Putin to visit the White House?  

Oh wait, it wasn't Obama, Trump's the guy who did that.  

No, But I DO remember Obama making the Dali Lhama take the servant entrance outside the trash bin so as not to offend his Chinese masters by letting that little Jammie-man walk out the front door like a normal guest.  I'm sure you remember that as well.  

43 mins ago, BrianBM said:

No, not at all. No one knows, except the President, what evidence would have been developed without a vigorous campaign of Presidential obstruction. I don't know. You don't know. The House doesn't know. The Senate doesn't know, but more important, the Senate doesn't care.

Correct.

Only if the House had possessed it. The evidence developed, per Mueller, did not justify a conclusion of a criminal conspiracy between the campaign and Russian intelligence.  What more would have been forthcoming without such a vigorous campaign of obstruction? If all the witnesses and documents sought by the House had been produced, without obstruction?  Impossible to know. The only thing that can reliably be said is that there were things the President was desperate to keep hidden.

That's why you obstruct investigations.  To hide things. Maybe criminal, maybe just embarrassing. No way to know.

No, that doesn't follow at all

No, that doesn't follow. Most of the list you recite - CIA, FBI, DOJ, etc., weren't involved in Mueller's investigation. He borrowed FBI personnel and called back some people from private employment with specialized skills. However, the key people were in the President's immediate circle, Don Jr., Paul Manafort, and so on. Michael Cohen aside, they mostly kept their mouths shut. That's what the President needed, and got.

That's the mark of successful obstruction.  BTW, obstruction is a crime itself, and of that, every witness that the President ordered not to testify, every document he ordered not produced, is evidence.

I don't think that the President conspired with Russian intelligence. Maybe he did, maybe he was hiding things other than a conspiracy to fix the election, but I don't think him guilty of the crime under initial investigation. I'll say what I think happened when I've addressed your post

It certainly does piss me off that the Senate was willing to wink at the President's oh-so-successful campaign of obstruction. What the President needed to hide, why he needed to hide it, what would have been exposed without obstruction - I have no idea. I wish I did know about it, I'd publicize it.

As above. I don't know.

In the courtroom,  withholding evidence from lawful discovery would lead to a decision against the party withholding the evidence. In a criminal courtroom, charges of obstruction are regularly prosecuted. The judge would be asked to instruct the jury that it may reasonably infer that a party destroying or withholding evidence did so because the evidence would be unfavorable to it.  In the courtroom, normally the plaintiff or prosecutor would seek and get an order requiring the defendant to produce this-or-that document, or this-or-that witness for examination. For failure to do so, the Court might impose financial penalties, or strike pleadings, or even enter judgment against the guilty party. In this case, that's the President. Fortunately, this court was the U.S. Senate, whose Republican members had zero interest in anything save their own re-election. Since the former GOP is now the Cult, anything that smacked of entertaining criticism of the President was unthinkable.

Now, as to  what I think really happened.

I don't think the campaign conspired with Russian intelligence. One Senator commented, way back when, that the Trump campaign was too incoherent to conspire with the Republican National Committee, much less the Russians, and he had a point. Neither was a conspiracy needed. There was something much simpler; a recognition of mutual interests.

Clinton was an implacable opponent of Russian expansionism. Meddling to keep her out of office was well worth while. Trump, on the other hand, was someone who Putin would very much like to see in the White House; ignorant, ill-informed, endlessly arrogant, and highly susceptible to flattery. I think Putin correctly recognized that Donald Trump is an arsonist by nature. Whatever the status quo might be in any field, Trump would seek to undo it. He loves his conspiracy theories? Putin will be happy to help. Trump thinks that everyone is as instinctively awed by him, much as he is overcome by his own brilliance? Wonderful.

President Trump's election was absolutely worth the effort extended by the Internet Research Bureau. He hates the intelligence services. He hates expertise. He loathes allies. He lives to break things. The United States has about 4% of the world's Covid-19 cases, and 25% of the deaths. The President's oscillations between denial, quack medications, resentment of professional advice, have tied the US in knots. Citizens of the world's most advanced scientific economy are barred from the EU because we're a disease hazard. If you're Putin, what's there not to like?

The President does. Maybe some people in his inner circle. Nobody else; that's the point of obstruction.

So that would be the big no. Negatory good buddy. As in never happened. Dreams mostly. Conjecture and hearsay from hostile witnesses. Tell me, were Trump’s crimes worthy of what was done to all of us, too ? For an entire administration’s term, never any evidence to show anyone, and somehow we are supposed to still believe that stuff was what was best for The People. Saving us.  Well it was actually wrong, incorrect, unwarranted, and triggered without even the slightest of fouls. 

You can believe what you want. At least you have an opinion and share. I like that. Sometimes you get picked upon a little too excessively. You are a good sport about it, and that was why I bothered to reply to your having noticed me earlier. Just seems silly to see you sling this stuff about, when you know it was never true. When there are so many other things that might be useful to select, you got hung up on this old stump.

It’s OK to dislike Trump, you don’t need to make up reasons to be upset. It’s OK to simply dislike the man, but just try to be honest about what he has done. I would like to see you simply set the Russia Russia thing aside for a little while. Let it rest, nothing happening to make it any better for you. Just let it rest until some more of those secret facts make their way past Trump when he is sleeping. Right now it’s pissing in the wind. No one believes that Trump did any of those things. Leftists made his transition into martyrdom complete. I think my favorite part about the man is that he doesn’t let those fake news journalists  run our nation I like that he understands the economy. The best way forward for our nation to soothe the racial tensions, is by letting him loose to crate and economic explosion. Rising tides float all boats.

So tell me, when you lose these bets of yours, do you simply send a new lure or  are you supposed to send one that you actually catch fish with ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

26 mins ago, JimP said:

No, But I DO remember Obama making the Dali Lhama take the servant entrance outside the trash bin so as not to offend his Chinese masters by letting that little Jammie-man walk out the front door like a normal guest.  I'm sure you remember that as well.  

Obama met with the Dalai Lama on at least four occasions. Trump has avoided the Dala Lama and hasn't met with him.  One of the world's great religious leaders.  But he brags about his great personal relationship with Xi and does a **** ton of business in China.  Do the math.     

Edited by Sqwiddig

1 min ago, Sqwiddig said:

Obama met with the Dalai Lama on at least four occasions. Trump has avoided the Dala Lama and hasn't met with him.  One of the world's great religious leaders.  But he brags about his great personal relationship with Xi and does a **** ton of business in China.  Do the math.     

Maybe Trump should just exploit him for "feelinz" and kick him out the back door, past the trash like the "one."  

4 hours ago, Sqwiddig said:

~

Try honesty, Slick Willy & $hillary treated the WH like an AirBNB but only for the Chinese; be better, be best. 

3 hours ago, Sqwiddig said:

America does a lot of business with China, long b4 Trump became POTUS.

When are you TDS laden hyper-emotional-lightweights going to wake the fark-up about China; they've got >us all over a barrel< ??!!

8 mins ago, nalu22 said:

America does a lot of business with China, long b4 Trump became POTUS.

When are you TDS laden hyper-emotional-lightweights going to wake the fark-up about China; they've got >us all over a barrel< ??!!

They like the taste of the Chinese teat.

18 hours ago, flydog777 said:

Wow! So how would you feel if the POTUS gave cash money to Iran, and they spent it on killing 100's of American soldiers in Iraq through funding terror cells? Then fired the only general that would speak out against him? asking for a friend.

I'd say that the money the US gave back to Iran was their money to begin with which raises the question as to why the US dissolved the peace deal that led to that compromise. Also, what does the Iran issue have to do with the Russians paying to target our troops? Please avoid deflecting the issue. 

14 hours ago, Sqwiddig said:

i'ts kinda like golfing,

it's only an outrage if Obama does it,

but not worth discussing if it's Trump.

16 hours ago, Sqwiddig said:

If he did the right wing media would have had a field day on how dare he invite him to our country bla, bla, bla. 

16 hours ago, Sqwiddig said:

No need to invite Putin to the WH, he already gave him Crimea.

2 hours ago, Ted Pietz said:

I'd say that the money the US gave back to Iran was their money to begin with which raises the question as to why the US dissolved the peace deal that led to that compromise. Also, what does the Iran issue have to do with the Russians paying to target our troops? Please avoid deflecting the issue. 

Easy. It was proved the money Obama gave Iran (cash) was tracked to terror cells killing American soldiers in Iraq.

Russia paying for bounties is unverified : not verified : lacking substantiation. This has not been proven with certainty to merit  a counter action. It is still being investigated but the leak of classified information has now proven extremely difficult to ascertain the truth. 

It is compelling that the New York Times is privy to information the POTUS has yet to receive.

50 mins ago, Riverboat33 said:

No need to invite Putin to the WH, he already gave him Crimea.

Were you ready to spill American blood to keep Crimea as a part of Ukraine?

2 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Were you ready to spill American blood to keep Crimea as a part of Ukraine?

Obama wasn’t that’s for certain

Was that a mistake?