Russia Offered Afghans Bounty to Kill U.S. Troops, Officials Say

Rate this topic

codfish

3 mins ago, Ted Pietz said:

If he says he wasn't briefed when it is his job to get the daily briefings then that is dereliction of duty. If he did know and did nothing in this time of war then that is treason. 

How are “daily briefings “ presented?  By whom?  Are there a group of SME’s in the room that deliver each subject?  Or does someone hand him a folder of various topics to read?  Who decides what makes it into the “briefing”?

And what should he do if he did know and this is “credible “?  Is Iran trying to kill US service mean and women?  Is the Taliban trying to kill them as well?  Perhaps we can nuke everyone at once. 

9 mins ago, Ted Pietz said:

If he says he wasn't briefed when it is his job to get the daily briefings then that is dereliction of duty. If he did know and did nothing in this time of war then that is treason. 

Brilliant.  It’s his fault that he doesn’t know every single issue that comes up and his handled by subordinates.

You ever lead anything?  

17 mins ago, Ted Pietz said:

Funny, some felt the same way about Hillary and BO with regards to Benghazi. Bet you didn't.

18 mins ago, Ted Pietz said:

Nurse Ratched is looking for you..... 

On 6/28/2020 at 6:32 AM, codfish said:

"WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year."

~

You going to just C&P news headlines, or are you going to offer-up any thoughts of your own?

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." 

4 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

O

It’s abundantly clear that Russia owns Trump.

”Sources familiar with the matter” have told me that years ago, Putin, via Russian Oligarchs bailed out the failing real estate empire with money laundered through Deutsche Bank. The only stipulation was that 20 years later, Trump would run for President, beat Hillary Clinton, and not be as tough on Russia as Obama or Hillary would be   

And it had had to be covered up thoroughly so even special counsel, Robert Mueller, could not tie him to it. Even with unlimited powers and resources, and a boat load of lifelong Democrat operatives assisting. 

Who are my “Sources familiar with the matter” you ask?  Well, I normally keep them confidential, but I will divulge them this one tome, and one time only. Fish’nmagician 

Russia money was for the Moscow project . The bailout of the failing empire most likely came from Saudi Arabia. Hope they make a movie out of the book when it is all out and about . 

If it has fins i want to catch it 

On 6/28/2020 at 6:32 AM, codfish said:

"WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year."

Officals say? What officials? The intelligence community has not determined that this has happened. After countless Russian hoaxes already I would think even liberals would be a little less gullible. Guess not.

Ed Panzella

"BAITS MOTEL" - 2450 Maycraft Pilothouse

Higganum, Ct

11 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

No. This is why we shouldn’t be in these ME $hitholes. 

But Libs like you idolize warmongers like McCain, Mattis, and your latest hero John Bolton.  And you throw tantrums when President Trump tells NATO members to pony up their fair share.

YOUR policies are murdering our servicemen. 

59e2c0d325da3fabc842a756bfd1b743.jpg

A wonderful lot of spin from the Friends of Donald here.  Russia hoax! LOL! Pallets of cash - Obama! NYT-LOL!  Anything to avoid the question at hand.

The story, after initially appearing in the NYT, has been confirmed elsewhere, including the WSJ (boooo!) WaPo (hisssss!) and .... Fox. I don't know if it came up on Fox and Friends, in which case the President would have heard it, or in the afternoon news hours. He's said to like the morning shows.

Russian bounties for American heads made it into the President's daily intelligence briefing. OK, The Donald doesn't read. If it didn't come up on Fox and Friends, he doesn't know about it. As Bolton commented, "...just another day in the Trump White House."  Ms. McEnany doesn't deny the claim that the Russian intelligence unit in question was offering bounties for dead Americans, she says the President wasn't briefed. I did not see or hear anyone ask her if the President has been briefed now

This has been apparently been under discussion in senior W.H. circles since March, following initial intelligence reports as far back as January. (Not, of course, including the President. Heavens, no.) What do I expect the President to do? Nothing. It doesn't bear directly enough on his campaign to matter. To the extent it does, it's not helpful, so the same blanket of denial that covers a pandemic will stretch to cover this latest insult from the intelligence community. (Snif, they never like me anyway ... Deep State Never Trumpers, every last one, thank God I can trust my buddy Vlad.) What he could and should do is denounce this, and point out to the Russian Ambassador that Russian mercenaries, such as the Wagner Group, are deployed in a great many theaters. If given reason, we can help other people put more of them in the ground. You back off on this now, or you'll be short mercenaries quickly.

I don't think he'll do it.