Russia Offered Afghans Bounty to Kill U.S. Troops, Officials Say

Rate this topic

codfish

27 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Codfish's last post makes a nice point - the Republicans who received a W.H. briefing today seem no happier with what they heard than the Democrats.

The White House briefing was conducted entirely by White House staff, no personnel from the intelligence agencies were present. There is bipartisan unhappiness over that, too.  It suggests that the W.H. doesn't want Congress to know too much about the corroboration available to back the claim of a Russian bounty program.

When did Trump originally receive the briefing?

How was he briefed?

By whom?

12 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

You could be the last person in America that thinks Trump colluded with Russia. 

Other than Rachel Maddow. 

If you'd actually read what I wrote ... you might have noticed that I don't believe it.

5 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

When did Trump originally receive the briefing?

How was he briefed?

By whom?

It's a fair guess that the representatives from the House, who've just been briefed, would like to know those answers too. That's why the briefing was provided by WH personnel, as opposed to those of the intelligence agencies involved (I assume the CIA, NSA, and possibly Treasury).  The White House would prefer those questions remain unanswered.

2 mins ago, BrianBM said:

If you'd actually read what I wrote ... you might have noticed that I don't believe it.

You believe Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election from Hillary. If Mueller had complete access to every record that ever existed he could have proved it too. That’s your thesis. 

2 mins ago, BrianBM said:

It's a fair guess that the representatives from the House, who've just been briefed, would like to know those answers too. That's why the briefing was provided by WH personnel, as opposed to those of the intelligence agencies involved (I assume the CIA, NSA, and possibly Treasury).  The White House would prefer those questions remain unanswered.

So no one knows, other than the NYT?

Just now, Maine Guide said:

You believe Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election from Hillary. If Mueller had complete access to every record that ever existed he could have proved it too. That’s your thesis. 

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

As far as why the President engaged in such a furious campaign of obstruction, we can only guess. It might have more to do with the Trump Organization's dependence on Russian money, rather than any conspiracy. It might have more to do with as-yet-undisclosed business investments; since he lied through the campaign about the Trump Tower Moscow, it's possible he was lying in denying any other business investments as well. There's just no way to know.

Just now, BrianBM said:

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

As far as why the President engaged in such a furious campaign of obstruction, we can only guess. It might have more to do with the Trump Organization's dependence on Russian money, rather than any conspiracy. It might have more to do with as-yet-undisclosed business investments; since he lied through the campaign about the Trump Tower Moscow, it's possible he was lying in denying any other business investments as well. There's just no way to know.

“it might”. “it’s possible”.

You know whats “possible”?

It’s possible that you are living In fantasyland. Ruled by King FNM. And he has decreed the only channel available to his subjects is MSNBC. 

Never watch it. Jake Tapper on CNN, then over to Channel 7.

You have a lot of emotional difficulty in handling other people's opinions. Is there any particular reason?

Think about it, I'll check back in the a.m. Early to bed, fishing top of the incoming and the start of the falling tide tomorrow.

4 mins ago, BrianBM said:

If the NYT knows, they haven't printed the specific date. Maybe tomorrow's edition?

Fox has confirmed the story. Perhaps Fox News knows.

Fox has confirmed what?  That he was briefed?  When?  How?

This is the dishonesty you people propagate continuously. 

Pretty much everyone believes Russia would put out a bounty. 

Now, tell us that Trump was briefed. When, how and by whom. 

How does the NYT know he was and he did nothing?

Its easy for them to whip up you uninformed dolts. 

8 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

So no one knows, other than the NYT?

The New York Times is the magic eightball of journalism. They found the Russia collusion.....no,no still shaking that magic eightball. Just wait for it I smell another pulitzer coming. Hate Trump= win prize no proof necessary!

11 mins ago, BrianBM said:

You have a lot of emotional difficulty in handling other people's opinions. Is there any particular reason?

Yes. It’s a curse actually. Being so well informed makes it very difficult to deal with the uninformed Libs  that operate mostly on emotions. 

I dont suffer fools lightly. The responsibility to make the blind see is a great burden.