Rangler

Used 2019 Hobie outback with extra stuff price?

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

After some days of research, I've decided to jump on to the Hobie. I found one listing on local classified and looks like he rigged the yak with some nice stuff but the price he is asking is wayyy out of my budget. I would like to make a reasonable offer but not sure how much I should offer him. What would be the good price and fair price for it? (sorry I couldn't find sold hobie listings that I can reference)

Only used it maybe 5-7 times.

Hobie outback 2019 w/Mirage 180, Turbo fins and ARC cranks
HD Hobie wheel cart
FPV power lithium 12v 17.5AH batteries (qty:2) ( 100% the best batteries out now... )
FPV inline fuse
FPV extended harness
FPV 5a regulator
Hobie 8" hatch
Yakattack Visipole II
Humminbird 9" Helix G3N SI+ ( added the Navionics Chesapeake bay maps )
Ram 1.5" ball
Ram Fish finder mount RAM-111U
Standard Horizon HX210
Custom PVC trolling rack

Edited by Rangler

In my opinion the yak and cart are worth 75% of retail as long as its not damaged. The rest of the stuff is going to really drive the price up and might not add equal value to the yak for you. As an example, 2 FPV power lithium 12v 17.5AH batteries is going to be very expensive and is not needed to run the electrics he is selling on that yak. A 9" fishfinder is way more expensive then a 5" or 7" that most kayakers use. You might consider looking at other Hobies with less stuff included and then set it up yourself for your needs. 

I agree with Pinefisher, why 35AH for a fishfinder, perhaps it is a spare battery to swap out before heading out fishing. That is a big fishfinder  on a yak, but if that is what you are wanting then whatever. You think the price is way out of line, there was a 19 outback posted on BST here without fishfinder but with lots of accessories  for $2850, I don’t think it sold, there is a 2015 on BST for under  $2,000. 
So what is this guys way out of line price , $3850? Offer what you think you can afford ,let him counter  offer then decide.

Just get a yak (and a PFD you will wear) and get on the water....Jack

Items like the harness, fuse and such add zero dollars value. 

Cart, if it’s a scupper cart to me is a liability. Check for cracked scuppers and buy a strap on cart, get rid of that scupper cart. 

Batteries, not useless but way over sized. 

Custom trolling rack. In other works Home Depot home made, adds zero value. 

Ram mounts add a couple dollars, but basically zero. 

Electronics, never add big dollars to anything. They are personal preference and that’s it. Especially the chart, garbage unless you fish that area. The electronics are of more value stripped and sold separately. 

Light, again not much value. 

The value is all in the kayak, the rest is personal preference and don’t add much. Maybe a couple hundred. 

When I sold my hobies I stripped out the electronics. They brought nothing to the table. They would have sold for the same dollar included or not. 

Thanks all. That’s what I thought. The guy is asking $4750 for all. I am gonna ask him if he is willing to part the kayak only. If not, I will pass.

Edited by Rangler

For that kind of money you could buy a used pro angler and trailer here in SWFL.

A guy had two, forgot the name kayaks with motors, couple years old plus trailer for less than that. I believe the listing was Kentucky. Listing was on Facebook. If I find the listing I’ll give a bit more information. 

Keep looking people are getting to a point of selling to pay bills. You’ll get a great deal. 

FYI, I case you don’t know. The year of production of the hobie is the last two numbers of the serial number. That number is on the stern of the kayak. Verify what they tell you. 

Location is Moore haven Florida. Posted June 20 on Facebook. It’s in kayak diy projects and tutorials. 

The kayaks are nucanoe.  

12 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Location is Moore haven Florida. Posted June 20 on Facebook. It’s in kayak diy projects and tutorials. 

The kayaks are nucanoe.  

Thanks for the info. It would be 14 hours drive for me haha. I just joined the FB group, I will keep my eyes out for it. Thanks!

Pretty much for the boat, stop by a hobie dealer see if they have any leftovers and get what you want, you will be under that number. Do the research first, you can add up all the accesories and come up with your number, also consider a Revo or Compass Hobie instead, unless you are stuck on the outback....Jack

2 hours ago, Rangler said:

Thanks all. That’s what I thought. The guy is asking $4750 for all. I am gonna ask him if he is willing to part the kayak only. If not, I will pass.

Way over priced for a used kayak. I paid less then half that price for my excellent condition, used Hobie AI with a trailer. I gave the trailer away and cartopped the AI 2,400 miles to our house on the coast of Michoacan Mexico. So please keep an open mind, do your reseach and dont get cuaght up in the bling of accessories because as Saltfisher says, they dont add much value.

Edited by Pinefisher