unskunk

Market Basket Lobster

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

OK.....

Also.......Guys, 1 doz.gorgeous,  long stem roses any color.....

$5.00

NO joke....... Don't know whether it's today only

Superior Lobster and fish company advertises sale at 7.99 specials from Thursday to Sunday . The Maine market is dropping fast, no overseas market to sell lobsters and they are piling up . I think the $4.99 price is the winner and who knows it may even get lower if todays editorial in the Cape Cod Times has any merit to it  

The MB Lobsters are from Canada and supplied by a large regional chain that is doing pretty well at the moment (based on news regarding profitability of grocery stores at the moment).  Local seafood suppliers and fish stores typically have local product which is fresher and supports local lobster guys.  

Also keep in mind that for less than $4/lb to the boat the lobstermen are breaking even or losing money.  I love a good deal and will go to great lengths to get one, but, this is a time for those who can to try and buy local, even if it costs an extra $1 a pound.  If you're feeding 2 chicks a piece to 5 people that's only about $10 difference for the whole dinner.

sam 

I’ve heard that there is excess supply of lobsters due to restaurants not being open and no exports over seas. So why are many of the stores limiting to 4 per person? Shouldn’t they be trying to move as much product as possible?

I couldn’t resist a 2.7 pounder from Star. Market at 7.99 a pound the other day. Honestly one of the worst tasting lobsters I’ve ever had. It was a hard shell male and it just wasn’t even worth the sale price. No way that was a maine  lobster 

33 mins ago, giggyfish said:

I’ve had plenty of lobster in my day But that bug tasted like it came out of a sewer. 

Every once in a while I'd get a lobster from the canal that was like that.  Strong, and a bit bitter.   Everytime it was a lobster over 2lbs with a super hard shell and covered in barnicles.    Loaded with meat, but sub par.   IMO the sweetest lobster is one a few weeks off shed with a bright reddish brown shell.