ASrod

Squeaky Rod

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Got a new one piece Lamiglas last month and I noticed that when I shake the rod, an almost squeaky sound comes from what I think it’s the guides. Maybe epoxy? Anyone have an idea on what it could be and if it’s a problem with the rod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

It’s hard to fully tell but here’s some video. It’s not super loud, but it’s there on my lami and a new rod my dad just got. So I’m assuming it’s a normal thing? Both of the vids are of the same rod.

IMG_2969.MOV

IMG_2959.MOV

Edited by ASrod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Epoxy build up at the guide feet can cause this. With use small cracks will probably form and the noise will subside. Or it will drive you nuts and you’ll sell it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 mins ago, XBMX said:

Epoxy build up at the guide feet can cause this. With use small cracks will probably form and the noise will subside. Or it will drive you nuts and you’ll sell it. 

It doesn’t bother me at all. Just as long as it isn’t a risky rod to fish with I’m fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ASrod said:

Got a new one piece Lamiglas last month and I noticed that when I shake the rod, an almost squeaky sound comes from what I think it’s the guides. Maybe epoxy? Anyone have an idea on what it could be and if it’s a problem with the rod?

Stored in the heat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I have a one piece lami that was stored in the attic. Same thing you describe 

I asked Lou Caruso and he told me it’s the excess epoxy on the guides. There is quite a bit of it so it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ASrod said:

It doesn’t bother me at all. Just as long as it isn’t a risky rod to fish with I’m fine.

go catch a fish with it and it will become silent.

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ASrod said:

I asked Lou Caruso and he told me it’s the excess epoxy on the guides. There is quite a bit of it so it makes sense.

That would be  enough for me.  He be the man...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 11:20 AM, ASrod said:

Got a new one piece Lamiglas last month and I noticed that when I shake the rod, an almost squeaky sound comes from what I think it’s the guides. Maybe epoxy? Anyone have an idea on what it could be and if it’s a problem with the rod?

hows your squeaky rod now?

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

hows your squeaky rod now?

HH

A good 30 fish later and everything seems good. Haven’t paid attention to the squeak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

it's still there?

HH

I’ll give it a shake later and see if it is. Definitely was the epoxy, there’s so much excess around the stripper guide feet it’s crazy. And that’s where the sound is coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.