Matty123

Humminbird helix 5 chirp di gps g2 power supply

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hello everyone. First post here. Can someone tell me if the Nocqua 4.4ah is strong  enough supply the helix 5? Thanks  Just picked her up 

3EF7FCEB-5B34-40B3-B8F7-086ECA444657.jpeg

Edited by Matty123

Probably fine. I have the Helix 5 wthout DI or SI, but got the bigger battery. I've only been out a couple hours, but it barely dented the charge. You should be good for at least four hours, just power down when paddling out and back if you want to extend fishing time.

I can get two 4-5 hours out of my 10amp Nocqua with light on full. I draw 800ma on a 7. The 5 may draw 400-600 depending on what unit you have. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have that exact Humminbird unit.  The nocqua 4 should provide around 4-5 hours as Riddler said. I went with a cheaper 9ah battery and have yet to have it die on me. I've spent some 8hr days on the water with it.

Edited by Spazzoni

Limiting your trips to four hours, to save  some  money on the battery is questionable, especially  after a very productive fishing trip  and heading back in relying on your GPS and it dies. I would and did go with the ten AH Nocqua, on a Raymarine  dragonfly 7. I have been out at night and also in thick fog, GPS can save your life......Jack

On 6/28/2020 at 9:29 AM, Bulldog said:

Limiting your trips to four hours, to save  some  money on the battery is questionable, especially  after a very productive fishing trip  and heading back in relying on your GPS and it dies. I would and did go with the ten AH Nocqua, on a Raymarine  dragonfly 7. I have been out at night and also in thick fog, GPS can save your life......Jack

It Was ordered before i thought of  this as an issue....Jack