Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

anyone else hear about the man they found shot in one of the rest areas along the scenic highway? heard he was rushed to hospital in critical condition. fishing dispute?

I read this yesterday about the shooting. It sounds like it's not googan related.

"A man with an apparent gunshot wound was flown to a Boston hospital after being found at a highway rest area in Bourne.

Rescue crews responded to a rest area off Scenic Highway near Edge Hill Road at 7:34 p.m. for a report of a person being shot, Bourne Fire Department Chief David Cody told the Cape Cod Times.

The man who appeared to be in his 40s was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.

No additional information was immediately available. Foul play is not suspected."

40 mins ago, zak-striper said:

I read this yesterday about the shooting. It sounds like it's not googan related.

"A man with an apparent gunshot wound was flown to a Boston hospital after being found at a highway rest area in Bourne.

Rescue crews responded to a rest area off Scenic Highway near Edge Hill Road at 7:34 p.m. for a report of a person being shot, Bourne Fire Department Chief David Cody told the Cape Cod Times.

The man who appeared to be in his 40s was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.

No additional information was immediately available. Foul play is not suspected."

Self-inflicted?

Well crap......When I was a teen 30 or 40 a year jumped off the bridges.........Just people under too much stress I guess...........

54 mins ago, robc22 said:

Well crap......When I was a teen 30 or 40 a year jumped off the bridges.........Just people under too much stress I guess...........

But now they stopped because now you are ancient?

47 mins ago, MakoMike said:

But now they stopped because now you are ancient?

They have a suicide fence up.

39 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

They have a suicide fence up.

Can’t remember how many years ago now but saw somebody sitting on top of the suicide fence On the Bourne bridge; feet dangling canal side 8-10 years ago maybe? It’s probably not easy for fat or unhealthy folk but it can be climbed. Think I remember hearing he was talked down.

30-40 a year ! Wow that’s a lot. I wonder how they do it now? Well we know 1 tried with a gun for sure. The dope probably gets the rest. Easier than climbing a fence I guess. Anyways ...........