Rob greenpond

Canal rods for plugging and jigging or a hybrid that does both?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I have the 11 ft 1-5 ODM DNA. It seems to cast its entire range well enough and is built quite well. It has a 1 year warranty like the airwave elite. If warranty matters to you, I'd for a star paraflex or tfo. The 10ft 1.5-5 oz star paraflex will probably do everything you need at the canal and costs around $200.  The reel seats on the St. Croix Mojos seem to twist around so I'd stay away from those. 

So far the Elite 3-6 is still the front runner and if I pull the trigger this weekend and get that rod I’ll just put my current Diawa BG 4500 on it.  That reel has been bulletproof for about $120ish.

Im being slightly distracted in that I might be able to get a very near new ODM Jigster 4-10 oz 10 1/2’ rod for about $350ish maybe.  Hmmmmm decisions....is this rod really worth the extra $150 or so?  

Anyone fish this Jigster rod at the canal?  I heard people love them...but all second hand information.

Rob

2 hours ago, Rob greenpond said:

So far the Elite 3-6 is still the front runner and if I pull the trigger this weekend and get that rod I’ll just put my current Diawa BG 4500 on it.  That reel has been bulletproof for about $120ish.

Im being slightly distracted in that I might be able to get a very near new ODM Jigster 4-10 oz 10 1/2’ rod for about $350ish maybe.  Hmmmmm decisions....is this rod really worth the extra $150 or so?  

Anyone fish this Jigster rod at the canal?  I heard people love them...but all second hand information.

Rob

Yes 100% the jigster is worth every penny of the 450-500$ new nvm the extra 150$ if it’s really basically new . It is the best canal rod hands down in my opinion